Anybody using Lightwave ?

Post by Terry Morri » Fri, 21 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hello, I use to be an Amiga user, I have been using a Powermac 7100 for
about a year now, I kept my Amiga because I use Lightwave 3D to produce
animation for TV and other productions.

Three weeks ago, I found that Lightwave was realesed for the Powermac
line, I started selling off my Amiga stuff so as to purchase all that I
needed for the Mac to run Lightwave, since then I have gotten a Video
Vision studio (Nice card) and as soon as the money from some C.O.D.s
come in I will be getting Lightwave.

I am just curious if anybody out there is currently using Lightwave on
thier Mac or if any are going to?

I would like to see a Newsgroup dedicated to Lightwave for the Mac, if
anybody needs any pointers about Lightwave I would be glad to help, I
have tought Lightwave for many years for $50-$100 per hour but I love
helping others so I would help answer any questions here in an open
forum :-)

By the way, if you are thinking of getting into 3D, I would highly
recomend Lightwave, I have used many 3D systems and no matter what the
computer platform, Lightwave is a very solid program, very rich in
features, relatively simple to learn (as simple as 3D gets anyway) and
just down right fun to use!!

Later
Terry Morris

Anybody using Lightwave ?

Post by John Dowde » Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> ...I would like to see a Newsgroup dedicated to Lightwave for the Mac....

For what it's worth I've seen a few Mac postings in
comp.graphics.apps.lightwave. The initial rush after release was in
configuration, and now people are wondering about import/export options.
Not much traffic, but if you're not in c.g.a.l. already, then you may wish
to check it out.

jd

.
  John Dowdell                ||   Public forums have first claim on
  Macromedia Tech Support     ||   support time -- I cannot sustainably
  San Francisco CA            ||   respond to private email, sorry.

                      New Macromedia mirror sites:
       http://www-euro.macromedia.com, http://www-asia.macromedia.com

Anybody using Lightwave ?

Post by Terry Morri » Mon, 24 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> For what it's worth I've seen a few Mac postings in
> comp.graphics.apps.lightwave. The initial rush after release was in
> configuration, and now people are wondering about import/export options.
> Not much traffic, but if you're not in c.g.a.l. already, then you may wish
> to check it out.

Thanks!! I did not know about that list!! while not a whole lot of Mac
stuff there, it is a start!

Terry Morris

1. anybody used Irfan View ??

I've been looking for freeware graphics file converters, at least one that
will take a .tif (which comes with Broderbund clip art) and convert it to
something that can be used in their Print Shop Premiere, which strangely
will not import a .tif file.

One that looks intersting is Ifran View.  Has anybody tried this one, and
does it have any liabilities?

I am also considering Planet View, which only seems to convert to .gif,
.jpg and .bmp (the last will probably work in Print Shop)--or Free View,
which only converts to .bmp and .jpg.

I also would like to find something that will allow me to color a black
and white .tiff for use in print projects, which will be printed on an HP
OfficeJet 500.

Brendan Wehrung

2. Printer.Canvas.FloodFill does not work.

3. anybody used WACOM PenPartner ???

4. "well known speed-up" explained

5. Anybody used "Snappy"?

6. animation homepage

7. Anybody using Polyray?

8. Anybody used PDB2POV?

9. Anybody using HPs SV6 (Mindstorm)?

10. Anybody using QuickDraw3D on Mac?

11. Anybody used a Muztek scanner on a Mac?

12. Anybody using Quark Passport 3.31?