Bugs in 3.01?

Post by Preston Wils » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Dear c.g.r.r:

I just downloaded the two PC versions of POV 3.01 (Windows and DOS).
I tried to render a moderately complex scene (one that took 2 or 3
hours on my P-166 with version 3.00) and both the DOS and Windows
versions crashed.  Has anybody else had any problems with 3.01?  I
noticed that the DOS version crashed right when it was about to do an
image map with bump and reflection.  Any ideas?

Preston Wilson

Bugs in 3.01?

Post by Dave J.G » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I just downloaded the two PC versions of POV 3.01 (Windows and DOS).
> I tried to render a moderately complex scene (one that took 2 or 3
> hours on my P-166 with version 3.00) and both the DOS and Windows
> versions crashed.  Has anybody else had any problems with 3.01?  I
> noticed that the DOS version crashed right when it was about to do an
> image map with bump and reflection.  Any ideas?

What was the exact error message that was received? What was the code for the
image map? What was the camera position and specs?

        - Dave

  Dave's Home Page - http://www.unpronounceable.com/daves
  Dave's Graphics Page - http://www.unpronounceable.com/graphics

1. Bugs in 3.01?

I downloaded 3.01 for windows 3.x with w32s, Win95, and NT. I am running
a low end Pentium (66 mhz w/16meg ram) with dos 6/Win3.1 w32s and
everytime I go to start Pov for windows it locks up. I downloaded both
copies (single file and 3 files) twice each and still same problem. When
it locks up it gives me a memory address error. I tested my simms (I
work in a comp. store) and they both tested out fine. Has anyone
experienced these problems or have an idea as to what is going on? BTW,
this newsgroup is excellent! Thanks.
William G. Gruesbeck Jr.

2. screen dump

3. povray 3.01 - bug fixes or new features?

4. Illustrator mailing list (finally)

5. POV-Ray 3.01 DOS-bug??

6. scanning/printing

7. POVRay 3.01 f. Windows: TTF-Bug

8. Image Processing question

9. Upgrade to Bryce 3.01

10. Serial # to Crystalis Flying Fonts Pro 3.01