Genuine Fractals?

Post by Gorha » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:14:32

Has anyone successfully used Genuine Fractals with PSP? I can't make it
finish the process and wonder if it's something in my system; they claim
it works.

Thanks for *any* help.

Gorham

Genuine Fractals?

Post by Uni » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 02:58:16

> Has anyone successfully used Genuine Fractals with PSP? I can't make it
> finish the process and wonder if it's something in my system; they claim
> it works.

It works (or at one time worked) fine in PSP-6. However, my guess is,
you're using it incorrectly.

Uni

Quote:

> Thanks for *any* help.

> Gorham

Genuine Fractals?

Post by Gorha » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:59:44

Quote:>>Has anyone successfully used Genuine Fractals with PSP? I can't make it
>>finish the process and wonder if it's something in my system; they claim
>>it works.

> It works (or at one time worked) fine in PSP-6. However, my guess is,
> you're using it incorrectly.

Thanks so much. That's very helpful; I appreciate your help.

G.

Genuine Fractals?

Post by Uni » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:20:42

> >>Has anyone successfully used Genuine Fractals with PSP? I can't make it
> >>finish the process and wonder if it's something in my system; they claim
> >>it works.

> > It works (or at one time worked) fine in PSP-6. However, my guess is,
> > you're using it incorrectly.

> Thanks so much. That's very helpful; I appreciate your help.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/42670345/47515893EPZDBe

I got it to work.

What do you mean you can't make it finish the process?

Does it freeze your computer or does it seem to ignore what you want it
to do?

Uni

Quote:

> G.

Genuine Fractals?

Post by Gorha » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 06:59:59

Quote:>>>>Has anyone successfully used Genuine Fractals with PSP? I can't make it

>>>It works (or at one time worked) fine in PSP-6. However, my guess is,
>>>you're using it incorrectly.

>>Thanks so much. That's very helpful; I appreciate your help.

> http://community.webshots.com/photo/42670345/47515893EPZDBe

> I got it to work.

> What do you mean you can't make it finish the process?

> Does it freeze your computer or does it seem to ignore what you want it
> to do?

It doesn't freeze the computer. First it wasn't re-opening after
processing with GF but that's solved now. I finally (with a lot of help
from a fellow beta user) got it to work with PSP7. But with beta2 of v8,
it converts every image to 72ppi no matter whether I'm trying to
increase or decrease the resolution or even if I just leave everything
alone. I'm using GF 2.5 by the way. I've submitted a bug err... defect
report on it.

Gorham

Genuine Fractals?

Post by Uni » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:10:37

> >>Thanks so much. That's very helpful; I appreciate your help.

> > http://community.webshots.com/photo/42670345/47515893EPZDBe

> > I got it to work.

> > What do you mean you can't make it finish the process?

> > Does it freeze your computer or does it seem to ignore what you want it
> > to do?

> It doesn't freeze the computer. First it wasn't re-opening after
> processing with GF but that's solved now. I finally (with a lot of help
> from a fellow beta user) got it to work with PSP7. But with beta2 of v8,
> it converts every image to 72ppi no matter whether I'm trying to
> increase or decrease the resolution or even if I just leave everything
> alone. I'm using GF 2.5 by the way. I've submitted a bug err... defect
> report on it.

Good for you. Not so sound mean, but didn't I tell you you were doing
something wrong? :-)
Actually, I have a old version of GF when they offered it as a trial
version. I still have like 8 more trial runs out of 20 left.
Unfortunately, it's on another computer which I don't use any longer,
which is why I couldn't help you. GF does have an unusual and somewhat
confusing interface, but it does WORK and it does well.

Uni

Quote:

> Gorham

Genuine Fractals?

Post by Gorha » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:41:36

Quote:>>alone. I'm using GF 2.5 by the way. I've submitted a bug err... defect
>>report on it.

> Good for you. Not so sound mean, but didn't I tell you you were doing
> something wrong? :-)

Errr yeah. The wrong was spending the money on it in the first place but
I think it'll work out. I can use it when I need to on PSP7 and
Photoshop7 where it works fine.

Quote:> Actually, I have a old version of GF when they offered it as a trial
> version. I still have like 8 more trial runs out of 20 left.
> Unfortunately, it's on another computer which I don't use any longer,
> which is why I couldn't help you. GF does have an unusual and somewhat
> confusing interface, but it does WORK and it does well.

Right and right. It's very awkward but, from all I've read, the best at
what it does. I don't often need to print large but when I do, this
would appear to be the tool.

Enjoy - and meter carefully - your trial. :)

G.

Genuine Fractals?

Post by Uni » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:28:14

> >>alone. I'm using GF 2.5 by the way. I've submitted a bug err... defect
> >>report on it.

> > Good for you. Not so sound mean, but didn't I tell you you were doing
> > something wrong? :-)

> Errr yeah. The wrong was spending the money on it in the first place but
> I think it'll work out. I can use it when I need to on PSP7 and
> Photoshop7 where it works fine.

> > Actually, I have a old version of GF when they offered it as a trial
> > version. I still have like 8 more trial runs out of 20 left.
> > Unfortunately, it's on another computer which I don't use any longer,
> > which is why I couldn't help you. GF does have an unusual and somewhat
> > confusing interface, but it does WORK and it does well.

> Right and right. It's very awkward but, from all I've read, the best at
> what it does. I don't often need to print large but when I do, this
> would appear to be the tool.

> Enjoy - and meter carefully - your trial. :)

It's at least 3 years old. I just save it for a special projects.

The last time I used it was about 6 months ago, when someone needed a
tiny logo enlarged to use as wallpaper. It took awhile to produce on a
200 MHz computer, but when it was done, I was lost for words, since it
looked so good.

Uni

Quote: