Where's the Password?

Post by Ralph Sadl » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:35:20

After trying two or three times daily to sign up for Jasc's forums using AOL 8,
I tried using the IE 6.?? on my XP Pro desktop, rather than AOL's built-in
browser. For the  first time, I actually managed to have the sign-up form I
filled out accepted and received a "your password *has*been* mailed" (or words
to that effect) message. After a few hours, I'm still waiting to receive it.
Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

I am not a great fan of AOL. I have spent a lot of time and money trying to
find a good replacement - both dialup and cable - and none of them are good
enough to warrent the hassle of changing to a new provider. I'm afraid Jasc is
letting a lot of newbies to their software down. Expecting their customers to
play provider roulette in order to join their forums doesn't say nice things
about a company that provides fine products at a fair price. One thing is
certain: refusing to face the fact that AOL has a huge hunk of the ISP market,
failing to accomodate AOL's users on the forums, and forcing their costomers to
create a bigger load on Jasc's already overloaded support personnel by denying
access to help from more knowledgeable PSP users is wrong-headed to say the
very least.

If it were not for c.g.a.p.s.p. and the knowledgeable and helpful people who
gather here, I would have trashed PSP long ago. Thanks for being there folks
when I needed you.

Ralph Sadler
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Where's the Password?

Post by Sheil » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:13:52

With the new filters in place, sometimes AOL mail is very slow.  That's one
reason I switched to Verizon DSL.

--
Sheila M Douglas

To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it."
    --Mother Teresa
All outgoing e-mail scanned by Norton Anti-Virus2003

Quote:> After trying two or three times daily to sign up for Jasc's forums using
AOL 8,
> I tried using the IE 6.?? on my XP Pro desktop, rather than AOL's built-in
> browser. For the  first time, I actually managed to have the sign-up form
> filled out accepted and received a "your password *has*been* mailed" (or
words
> to that effect) message. After a few hours, I'm still waiting to receive
it.
> Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

> I am not a great fan of AOL. I have spent a lot of time and money trying
> find a good replacement - both dialup and cable - and none of them are
good
> enough to warrent the hassle of changing to a new provider. I'm afraid
Jasc is
> letting a lot of newbies to their software down. Expecting their customers
> play provider roulette in order to join their forums doesn't say nice
things
> about a company that provides fine products at a fair price. One thing is
> certain: refusing to face the fact that AOL has a huge hunk of the ISP
market,
> failing to accomodate AOL's users on the forums, and forcing their
costomers to
> create a bigger load on Jasc's already overloaded support personnel by
denying
> access to help from more knowledgeable PSP users is wrong-headed to say
the
> very least.

> If it were not for c.g.a.p.s.p. and the knowledgeable and helpful people
who
> gather here, I would have trashed PSP long ago. Thanks for being there
folks
> when I needed you.

> Ralph Sadler
> Phoenix, AZ, USA

Where's the Password?

Post by Uni » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:01:37

> With the new filters in place, sometimes AOL mail is very slow.  That's one
> reason I switched to Verizon DSL.

Whoa! Now you can download your spam e-mail much faster, eh!!??

:-)

Uni

> --
> Sheila M Douglas

> To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it."
>     --Mother Teresa
> All outgoing e-mail scanned by Norton Anti-Virus2003

>>After trying two or three times daily to sign up for Jasc's forums using

> AOL 8,

>>I tried using the IE 6.?? on my XP Pro desktop, rather than AOL's built-in
>>browser. For the  first time, I actually managed to have the sign-up form

>>filled out accepted and received a "your password *has*been* mailed" (or

> words

>>to that effect) message. After a few hours, I'm still waiting to receive

> it.

>>Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

>>I am not a great fan of AOL. I have spent a lot of time and money trying

>>find a good replacement - both dialup and cable - and none of them are

> good

>>enough to warrent the hassle of changing to a new provider. I'm afraid

> Jasc is

>>letting a lot of newbies to their software down. Expecting their customers

>>play provider roulette in order to join their forums doesn't say nice

> things

>>about a company that provides fine products at a fair price. One thing is
>>certain: refusing to face the fact that AOL has a huge hunk of the ISP

> market,

>>failing to accomodate AOL's users on the forums, and forcing their

> costomers to

>>create a bigger load on Jasc's already overloaded support personnel by

> denying

>>access to help from more knowledgeable PSP users is wrong-headed to say

> the

>>very least.

>>If it were not for c.g.a.p.s.p. and the knowledgeable and helpful people

> who

>>gather here, I would have trashed PSP long ago. Thanks for being there

> folks

>>when I needed you.

>>Ralph Sadler
>>Phoenix, AZ, USA

Where's the Password?

Post by Ralph Sadl » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:23:36

>With the new filters in place, sometimes AOL mail is very slow.  That's one
>reason I switched to Verizon DSL.

An entirely reasonable response on your part. Unfortunately, the new AOL
anti-spam filters and AOL Communicator take more of my time than just deleting
spam. I would not be surprised to see that AOL will start charging extra for
their anti-spam features.

Good luck with Verizon DSL. I hope it gives you super service!

Ralph Sadler
Phoenix, AZ, USA