re. Slightly OT file association question

re. Slightly OT file association question

Post by d.. » Wed, 02 Oct 2002 05:58:29

Hi. Some moron sent me a .art file (AOL proprietary format)

Anyone know of any program that will open it?

I have Photoshop 6, PSP 7 and Irfanview.

None show .art as an option

Thanks

re. Slightly OT file association question

Post by Sheil » Wed, 02 Oct 2002 06:05:34

IE should open it.

--
Sheila

To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it."
    --Mother Teresa
All outgoing e-mail scanned by Norton Anti-Virus2002

Quote:> Hi. Some moron sent me a .art file (AOL proprietary format)

> Anyone know of any program that will open it?

> I have Photoshop 6, PSP 7 and Irfanview.

> None show .art as an option

> Thanks

re. Slightly OT file association question

Post by Triumph The Insult Comic Do » Wed, 02 Oct 2002 06:07:37

You *should* be able to open it up in
internet explorer, then re-save it as a bmp.

-woof.

Quote:> Hi. Some moron sent me a .art file (AOL proprietary format)

> Anyone know of any program that will open it?

> I have Photoshop 6, PSP 7 and Irfanview.

> None show .art as an option

> Thanks

re. Slightly OT file association question

Post by A Sobero » Wed, 02 Oct 2002 22:20:53

Try the GIMP.

(It won't open anyway)

Antonio

Post by Uni » Wed, 02 Oct 2002 23:11:32

> Try the GIMP.

You're catching on quickly, Sob! :-)

Uni

> Antonio

> > Hi. Some moron sent me a .art file (AOL proprietary format)

> > Anyone know of any program that will open it?

> > I have Photoshop 6, PSP 7 and Irfanview.

> > None show .art as an option

> > Thanks

1. slightly OT: opening PS 6 .psd files in Painter 5

Hi.

I recently got a copy of Metacreations (now Corel) Painter 5. According to
the documentation I should be able to open Photoshop (at least PS 4) files
in Painter, which is supposed to preserve layer information as "floaters". I
can open single layer .psd files with no trouble but end up with a blank
black or white screen when trying to open files with multiple layers. The
floaters pallette does not indicate any floaters at all.

Does anyone know if this is because layer information has changed from the
days of PS 4, or is there just some trick I don't know about?

Alternately any links to Painter discussion/newsgroups, lists, forums would
be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

--
Toby
remove SPAMJAM to reply by e-mail

2. RGB <==> Red YELLOW Blue

3. OT: Slightly, Illustrator Question

4. understanding gluunproject

5. slightly OT Wacom question

6. mac power pc to component betacam

7. A question about noise.....slightly OT

8. Any Raptor Owners?

9. Slightly OT : NAB 2000 Question

10. slightly OT, search engine question.

11. Simple topological question, slightly OT

12. Slightly OT: Which office chair?

13. slightly OT: terragen