PROPOSAL: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated & comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.loser

PROPOSAL: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated & comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.loser

Post by Mary Par » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 07:36:05

I propose that we start 2 sub-groups of c.g.a.p-s-p,
comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated &
comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.  I'm a computer geek, but not a
Usenet geek, so I'm not familiar with the procedure for setting up
ng's.  (If someone could help with this, it would be great.)

EXPLANATION:

comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated
   - On-topic (mostly) discussions, carried on in a respectful and
professional manner.  All posts from certain "puni" "artists" would be
automatically posted to c.g.a.p-s-p.l, along with any and all trolls.
This would allow new PSPers the opportunity to learn in a friendly and
approachable environment.

comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.loser
   -  Off-topic discussions, including Adobe v. PSP debates (valid
ones would qualify for c.g.a.p-s-p.m), etc. Occassional intelligent
posts would be posted to c.g.a.p-s-p.m.  (Although these would
sufficiently rare that they would not be a concern, mostly.

any thoughts?

MP

P.S. This is being written in a frustrated, ticked-off state of mind,
so apologies for any undue sarcasm.

MP

Post by Uni » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 07:58:47

> I propose that we start 2 sub-groups of c.g.a.p-s-p,
> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated &
> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.  I'm a computer geek, but not a
> Usenet geek, so I'm not familiar with the procedure for setting up
> ng's.  (If someone could help with this, it would be great.)

> EXPLANATION:

> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated
>    - On-topic (mostly) discussions, carried on in a respectful and
> professional manner.  All posts from certain "puni" "artists" would be
> automatically posted to c.g.a.p-s-p.l, along with any and all trolls.
> This would allow new PSPers the opportunity to learn in a friendly and
> approachable environment.

> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.loser
>    -  Off-topic discussions, including Adobe v. PSP debates (valid
> ones would qualify for c.g.a.p-s-p.m), etc. Occassional intelligent
> posts would be posted to c.g.a.p-s-p.m.  (Although these would
> sufficiently rare that they would not be a concern, mostly.

> any thoughts?

> MP

> P.S. This is being written in a frustrated, ticked-off state of mind,

Why's that? Because they took Martha's show off the air or you're tired
using old, old software?

Quote:> so apologies for any undue sarcasm.

No problem. It's common in this newsgroup.

Uni

Quote:

Post by Uni » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 08:13:55

> > I propose that we start 2 sub-groups of c.g.a.p-s-p,
> > comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated &
> > comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.

I propose the creation of the c.g.a.p-s-p.p.l.o.n.k
(.people.lost.outside.normal.knowledge) newgroup, for 95% of the
visitors here.

Uni

Post by RonV » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:07:19

> I propose that we start 2 sub-groups of c.g.a.p-s-p,
> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated &
> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.  I'm a computer geek, but not a
> Usenet geek, so I'm not familiar with the procedure for setting up
> ng's.  (If someone could help with this, it would be great.)

> EXPLANATION:

> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated
>    - On-topic (mostly) discussions, carried on in a respectful and
> professional manner.  All posts from certain "puni" "artists" would be
> automatically posted to c.g.a.p-s-p.l, along with any and all trolls.
> This would allow new PSPers the opportunity to learn in a friendly and
> approachable environment.

> comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.loser
>    -  Off-topic discussions, including Adobe v. PSP debates (valid
> ones would qualify for c.g.a.p-s-p.m), etc. Occassional intelligent
> posts would be posted to c.g.a.p-s-p.m.  (Although these would
> sufficiently rare that they would not be a concern, mostly.

> any thoughts?

> MP

> P.S. This is being written in a frustrated, ticked-off state of mind,
> so apologies for any undue sarcasm.

> MP

Mary

Usually the biggest hurdle to creating a moderated newsgroup is getting someone do the moderating. If this group was created and moderated by JASC this would mean a paid employee or someone who is contracted for the job. There is a possibility that they could use a group of volunteers who could rotate the duties. Being a moderator is a very daunting task and usually a very thankless job.

But the idea of a moderated group is very appealing.

The other groups you proposed, would be useless IMHO. Why give the riff raff a public forum? There are plenty of other places they can go to harass people.

--

RonV

PROPOSAL: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated & comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.loser

Post by Mike » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:34:52

Quote:> P.S. This is being written in a frustrated, ticked-off state of mind,
> so apologies for any undue sarcasm.

Poor baby.  Get over it.

":^) ?

--
                      Mike

             € Logo Design €
  Put some fun in your next logo!

Site at:  http://www.artistmike.com

Post by zathra » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:39:36

>Poor baby.  Get over it.

>":^) ?

"Immature Behaviour " is a trademark of AmatuerMike

":^) ?
--
                  AmatuerMike

               € Logo Design €

If you don't like my *work, I'll still
 take your money, call you silly and
              send you away!

Don't let my idiotic behaviour and lack
of professionalism keep you away! I'm
    not really that dumb! Or am I?!

Site at:  http://www.veryComputer.com/

Post by Uni » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:10:46

> > Usually the biggest hurdle to creating a moderated newsgroup is getting someone do the moderating. If this group was created and moderated by JASC this would mean a paid employee

> That would be great PR .

> A newsgroup where the app makers decide what gets posted to it .

Isn't that sort of what Z' Man is trying to do now? :-)

I say PLONKERS to the idea :-)

Uni

p.s. A reminder, we're into February and NO sign of v8. No wonder why Z'
Man has so much time to play, if you know what I mean. :)

Quote: