Background Problem in PSP 5

Post by galan » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I notice that the Flood Fill tool does not work on a Background image
created in white...not even in a selected area, and not even if promoted
to a layer. If created as Transparent, the Flood Fill will work only
once, but not for any change of fill thereafter.

As a result, the simplist graphic must be created on a new layer, where
the Flood Fill tool works consistently.

Is there any reason for this? Will I have the same problem in PSP 6?
Appreciate any forthcoming advice......Galanw

Background Problem in PSP 5

Post by Ronald Vi » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>I notice that the Flood Fill tool does not work on a Background image
>created in white...not even in a selected area, and not even if promoted
>to a layer. If created as Transparent, the Flood Fill will work only
>once, but not for any change of fill thereafter.

Let's see.  I fire up PSP5, seems awkward after 6.  New 200x200 image, white
background, 16.7 m colors.  Fill tool, RGB match, tolerance=0, color= blue,
click image, it goes blue.  Change color to red, click image, it goes red,
change to yellow, image is filled to yellow.

Make a round selection, change color to red, click in selection, it goes red.

Create a new image, transparent background.  Fill with red, ok, fill with
blue, ok, fill with yellow, ok, create a selection, fill selection with
various colors. Looks ok to me.

Quote:

>As a result, the simplist graphic must be created on a new layer, where
>the Flood Fill tool works consistently.

>Is there any reason for this? Will I have the same problem in PSP 6?
>Appreciate any forthcoming advice......Galanw

Either you're doing something wrong, or your program is corrupt, as what you
report is not the way it works for everyone else.

Try reloading the program from CD.

Ron
PSP terrorist-  D'Lan de Caresk Chapter - Executive Officer
Please read the FAQ at http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html

Background Problem in PSP 5

Post by Jim W » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I've had that happen to me in the past. I found that increasing the
number of colours seems to do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Jim W.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/mechanic

>I notice that the Flood Fill tool does not work on a Background image
>created in white...not even in a selected area, and not even if
promoted
>to a layer. If created as Transparent, the Flood Fill will work only
>once, but not for any change of fill thereafter.

>As a result, the simplist graphic must be created on a new layer, where
>the Flood Fill tool works consistently.

>Is there any reason for this? Will I have the same problem in PSP 6?
>Appreciate any forthcoming advice......Galanw

Background Problem in PSP 5

Post by Alan Weile » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have the problem when in 24 bit color, but not in 8 bit. Something is
clearly screwed up, but not that difficult to work around with layers. But
reloading from the CD may be worth a try. Or should I just install PSP 6 and
forget about the problem with PSP 5?

Background Problem in PSP 5

Post by ELAL » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I had a similar problem occasionally with layers, but it was resolved by a
reinstall.     ELALW