Fast 2-D Clipping for Sorted Rect.

Post by h.. » Tue, 01 Jan 1991 09:49:18

Does anyone know of any really fast algorithms for clipping
lines into X-Y sorted rectangles.

Thanks in advance -Jeff

1. Need to know if to rects intersect, fast code

Hi,

I need to know if two rects intersect or not.  I don't need the intersection
and the line of code should be as fast as possible, since it is called very
often.

using IntersectRect could solve my problem but this can be done a lot
faster.

for example ViewRect is the visible part of my component and NodeRect is the
rectange of a node.  I need to know wheter I should paint the node or not.
if any of the points of the node are visible I should paint, if none is
visible, I should not paint.  Keep in mind that one node can be bigger than
viewrect.

If someone could help me, please do so.

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

Alexander

2. Artist tools for Maya3?

3. Implementation of the Weiler-Atherton polygon clipping/sorting thingey

4. OT : Hardware Advice

5. how to sort polygons by texture fast ?

6. HELP!

7. Fastest algorithm to sort Multi dimensional arrays?

8. MCI HELP!!!

9. Fast Depth sort routine

10. fast poligon sorting algo for a 3D engine

11. Fast polygon sorting?

12. Clipping a line to a rect. Need help _fast_!

13. Help needed sorting lists... Fast