Batch tool to overlay text onto 5,000 JPEG images

Batch tool to overlay text onto 5,000 JPEG images

Post by Caitlin D » Sat, 30 May 1998 04:00:00

I would like to overlay the text "SAMPLE" onto 5,000 JPEG images.
Is there a shareware/freeware/try-before-you-buy utility that will do this
in a batch?

Thanks!

Post by S. Smi » Sat, 30 May 1998 04:00:00

>I would like to overlay the text "SAMPLE" onto 5,000 JPEG images.
>Is there a shareware/freeware/try-before-you-buy utility that will do this
>in a batch?

Image Robot can do this. But the shareware
will only let you watermark (which can also overlay
text, if you set the opacity to 0) around 10 images
at a time. The full version can handle an unlimited
number of images at once.

Image Robot:  http://www.jasc.com/ir.html

* Scott Smith - Designer / Developer / Consultant
*
* Graphics Software - http://graphicssoft.miningco.com
* GRAPHIX! News - http://www.wwwebworld.com/graphix.html
* WWWeb World Consulting - http://www.wwwebworld.com

Post by Piet van Oostru » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

CD> I would like to overlay the text "SAMPLE" onto 5,000 JPEG images.
CD> Is there a shareware/freeware/try-before-you-buy utility that will do this
CD> in a batch?

Freeware: ImageMagick http://www.wizards.dupont.com/cristy/ImageMagick.html

for f in *.jpg
do convert -pointsize 24 -pen red -draw "text +10+10 SAMPLE" $f $f
done

For more control about the position of the text I myself would use
Python+PIL (http://www.python.org/sigs/image-sig/Imaging.html) and write a
simple script.
--

1. 5,000 24-bit commercial quality royalty free images!

All free to download (you just pay CompuServe's standard on-line charges)
from GO PICTURES
- the CompuServe Picture Gallery Forum.

Over 5,000 (growing daily) stunning quality, 2100 dpi images covering
dozens of subjects - all commercial quality, free to use. Simple.

All images in very high resolution JPEG. Plus 800x600 256 color optimized
GIF formats too.

Check out www.picture-gallery.com for more info.

2. How to know that a new icon has been added (deleted) in the system tray?

3. JFIF ---> JPEG/GIF Batch tool

4. Good Source for Quality Hardcopy Prints

5. Mapping Text onto a Graphics Image

6. NOTICE: Free Valentine's Day Animated GIF's

7. Typing text onto an image on the fly?

8. palette for AVI

9. Insert text onto images

10. Mapping Text onto a Graphics Image

11. How do you overlay text on image?

12. Antialias True Type Text Overlay Images Program?