OS 8.5 and Avid installer incompatibility?

OS 8.5 and Avid installer incompatibility?

Post by Dee and Philip Hins » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have recently upgraded to  OS 8.5 , reformatting my hard disc to HFS+
beforehand. I now find that I cannot reinstall my Avid Cinema software, as
the installer reports a disc problem. Does anyone have a similar problem
or a work-around? I have a Performa 6500/275, with 96 MB RAM and a 4.0 GB
hard drive.
With thanks for any assistance...
Regards,
Dee

Dee and Philip Hinson
"Here's to the Crazy Ones..."

OS 8.5 and Avid installer incompatibility?

Post by NC66Blkm » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I edit on a Mac 9600/MP(608mb ram) and use it to edit using SperOUS software
from Scitex video/Accom I had similar problems with my spherous software... I
was told
1) Not to use HFS+ feature with this software.
2) Take out all third party Ram and then install 8.5 then reinstall ram and
then install software with extensions off. then restart... I did and no more
problems

OS 8.5 and Avid installer incompatibility?

Post by Dee Hins » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I have recently upgraded to  OS 8.5 , reformatting my hard disc to HFS+
> beforehand. I now find that I cannot reinstall my Avid Cinema software, as
> the installer reports a disc problem. Does anyone have a similar problem
> or a work-around? I have a Performa 6500/275, with 96 MB RAM and a 4.0 GB
> hard drive.
> With thanks for any assistance...
> Regards,
> Dee

   I found that by bringing home the various Avid files from work , which
has a similar setup on a similar Mac, I could drag and drop the files,
reboot and Avid now works OK. It must be the HFS+ format the installer
doesn't like ..? By the way, both copies of Avid are legit and registered.
   It's a pity Avid doesn't seem to see fit to support all those Performa
6500 buyers who have since upgraded to 8.5.
Regards,
Dee

1. 32-bit (OS 8.5) icons of the planets

Dear people,

A while ago I downloaded a beautiful set of 32-bit icons of the planets
of our solar system. I must have deleted them again in some 'cleaning
frenzy', because I now have only one left, the icon of the earth.

I would like to find these icons again, I have searched the usual sites
(iconfactory, etc.), but I can't find them anywhere.

Can anyone help me find this icon set?

Thanks in advance,
Jan Pieter Kunst.-

--

2. Watch Out For This Guy!! No Party Boat!!

3. os 8.5 and PS 5

4. Help, Unable to create document in version 7..

5. Mac OS 8.5 and Quark XPress 3.31

6. Save over 50%

7. KPT 3.0/Mac OS 8.5

8. Bitmap alignment in Watcom