Is latest Micrographx Designer worth the upgrade?

Is latest Micrographx Designer worth the upgrade?

Post by Tom Alm » Sat, 29 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I've been a long time user of Micrographx Designer, currently using
4.1TE. Recently I've switched from Win 3.1 to Win NT 4.0 and I wonder
if upgrading to the latest Designer (part of their graphics suite now)
is worth it.

I'm scared off by the way they are promoting it as an easy to use
extension of Microsoft Office. I'm a very irregular user of Office
and would much prefer the Designer interface I've gotten used to.

Has anybody here made the switch, and what are your opinions?

Please reply via EMAIL, I don't subscribe to this newsgroup.

--

Standard Disclaimers Apply, including:
  "Any ideas or opinions expressed here do not necessarily

Post by Kym ap Rhy » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I've been a long time user of Micrographx Designer, currently using
> 4.1TE. Recently I've switched from Win 3.1 to Win NT 4.0 and I wonder
> if upgrading to the latest Designer (part of their graphics suite now)
> is worth it.

> I'm scared off by the way they are promoting it as an easy to use
> extension of Microsoft Office. I'm a very irregular user of Office
> and would much prefer the Designer interface I've gotten used to.

> Has anybody here made the switch, and what are your opinions?

> Please reply via EMAIL, I don't subscribe to this newsgroup.

> --

> Standard Disclaimers Apply, including:
>   "Any ideas or opinions expressed here do not necessarily
>    reflect the ideas or opinions of my employer."

Hi,

I haven't seen the very latest version, but I use Version 6 of the
Graphics suite under Windows 95. The version of Designer is much better
than 4.1TE - more stable, more functional etc. The user interface hasn't
changed much.

I think they are only selling it as an Office extension as you can
install it so a button for the Graphics Suite appears when you open an
office app.

Regards

Kym ap Rhys

1. Micrographx Designer and PDF's

Hi

I am considering purchasing a copy of Micrographx Suite 2, however, I
need to know if it is possible to create Adobe pdf files in anyway from
Designer 7.0

Hope someone can answer this question

Chris Waite

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Faculty Member Desired

3. HELP: Is Micrographx Designer 4.0 known to crash?

4. Simple 3D Rotation. Advice Please!

5. Micrographx Designer 7 Printing Extra Sheets

6. buring wood.

7. Micrographx designer vs Corel Draw??

8. Onyx RE2 today?

9. Is ACDSee 2.4 worth the upgrade?