PSP6 Crop to selection problems

Post by Porte » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

It's such a common frustration it has it's own page at the VFAQ.
http://members.aol.com/psptopten/a10.html

Quote:> G'day folks!!

> I've been using PSP 5 & 6 for sometime now and also browse through the PSP
> Newsgroup from time to time and offer assistance where possible, but one
> thing has got me totally stumped.

> When I make a selection and crop to it, PSP6 always places a border around
> the new pic with the background color. I know in many cases I could just
> change the background color to suit, but it can be a problem with cropping
> photographs.

> Does anyone know how to stop this please??

> Regards

> Graham McAllister

PSP6 Crop to selection problems

Post by Ron Lace » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:33:09 +1000, "Graham McAllister"

>G'day folks!!

>I've been using PSP 5 & 6 for sometime now and also browse through the PSP
>Newsgroup from time to time and offer assistance where possible, but one
>thing has got me totally stumped.

>When I make a selection and crop to it, PSP6 always places a border around
>the new pic with the background color. I know in many cases I could just
>change the background color to suit, but it can be a problem with cropping
>photographs.

>Does anyone know how to stop this please??

Sounds like you're working on a background layer.  To cure this go to
the layers pallet and right click on the layer called background and
select promote to layer.

Good luck
Ron
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
                   Ron Lacey
                   Murillo Ont.
       ron at ronstoons dot com
          http://ronstoons.com/
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post by Beth Winte » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> G'day folks!!

> I've been using PSP 5 & 6 for sometime now and also browse through the PSP
> Newsgroup from time to time and offer assistance where possible, but one
> thing has got me totally stumped.

> When I make a selection and crop to it, PSP6 always places a border around
> the new pic with the background color. I know in many cases I could just
> change the background color to suit, but it can be a problem with cropping
> photographs.

turn off antialiasing for the selection

--
Beth Winter

PSP6 Crop to selection problems

Post by Amy Care » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi! This usually means that when you chose your selection tool to make your
selection that you forgot to uncheck antalias.  For some reason, if this is
checked it will give you that border.
HTH,
Amy

Quote:> G'day folks!!

> I've been using PSP 5 & 6 for sometime now and also browse through the PSP
> Newsgroup from time to time and offer assistance where possible, but one
> thing has got me totally stumped.

> When I make a selection and crop to it, PSP6 always places a border around
> the new pic with the background color. I know in many cases I could just
> change the background color to suit, but it can be a problem with cropping
> photographs.

> Does anyone know how to stop this please??

> Regards

> Graham McAllister

PSP6 Crop to selection problems

Post by Graham McAlliste » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Ron,

Porters unchecking of the antialias checkbox did the trick.....

Best regards

Graham McAllister

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:33:09 +1000, "Graham McAllister"

> >G'day folks!!

> >I've been using PSP 5 & 6 for sometime now and also browse through the
PSP
> >Newsgroup from time to time and offer assistance where possible, but one
> >thing has got me totally stumped.

> >When I make a selection and crop to it, PSP6 always places a border
around
> >the new pic with the background color. I know in many cases I could just
> >change the background color to suit, but it can be a problem with
cropping
> >photographs.

> >Does anyone know how to stop this please??

> Sounds like you're working on a background layer.  To cure this go to
> the layers pallet and right click on the layer called background and
> select promote to layer.

> Good luck
> Ron
> *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
>                    Ron Lacey
>                    Murillo Ont.
>        ron at ronstoons dot com
>           http://ronstoons.com/
> *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

1. PSP6 Crop to selection problems

G'day folks!!

I've been using PSP 5 & 6 for sometime now and also browse through the PSP
Newsgroup from time to time and offer assistance where possible, but one
thing has got me totally stumped.

When I make a selection and crop to it, PSP6 always places a border around
the new pic with the background color. I know in many cases I could just
change the background color to suit, but it can be a problem with cropping
photographs.

Does anyone know how to stop this please??

Regards

Graham McAllister

2. Transparent texture?

3. 7.02 Crop to selection problem

4. 2D boundary model

5. Selection crop problem

6. 2nd RFD: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

7. PSP6 on W2k slows extremly down even with a small selection

8. 256 color in VB vs IE

9. PSP6: Moving a saved selection

10. PSP6: Creating a certain shape with selection tool

11. font selection in PSP6

12. Selections in PSP6

13. PSP6: JASC query - Vector selection