overlay vector onto geotiff

Post by judy » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 00:31:06

Hi,

Sorry as I may not if this's the correct newsgroup to ask.

1) Just want to check if anyone know a software that could overlay a vector
map (in dxf) onto a geotiff map. The result of this can then export out as
dxf or VRML or openflt formats.

2)  Meanwhile, how possible I can read back the georeferencing info
(lat,lon) if the overlaid is successfull ?? This georefencing info is
already available in my dxf vector map.

Thanks!

Post by lam.. » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 13:15:05

> Sorry as I may not if this's the correct newsgroup to ask.

Try the comp.infosystems.gis newsgroup.  Their FAQ is here:

    http://www.census.gov/geo/www/faq-index.html

Rick LaMont
Dot C Software, Inc.
http://www.dotcsw.com/

1. overlay vector onto geotiff

Hi,

Sorry as I may not if this's the correct newsgroup to ask.

1) Just want to check if anyone know a software that could overlay a vector
map (in dxf) onto a geotiff map. The result of this can then export out as
dxf or VRML or openflt formats.

2)  Meanwhile, how possible I can read back the georeferencing info
(lat,lon) if the overlaid is successfull ?? This georefencing info is
already available in my dxf vector map.

Thanks!

2. Matrix PCR film printer -- query

3. overlay dxf vector onto Geotiff

4. lightwave on the block

5. overlay dxf onto geotiff

6. Gif to IFF

7. Batch tool to overlay text onto 5,000 JPEG images

8. 3d clipping

9. Overlay one graphic onto another...

10. Help: Mapping one set of vectors onto another

11. Overlaying a vector file onto a raster image

12. Projecting a Normalize vector onto an ellipse

13. Help: Mapping one set of vectors onto another