Siggraph Course of Interest

Post by Kevin Bjor » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 02:55:11

/*** plug starts here ***/

We from NVIDIA will be teaching hands-on hardware-shading classes
again this year at Siggraph -- two tiers this time, for introductory
and more-advanced students. It's free to Siggraph attendees and you
can sign up at

http://developer.nvidia.com/view.asp?FO=FO_S2003_Cg_Signup

last year's classes were heavily booked and standing-room only even
after we started doubling-up students on workstations -- we had to
sadly turn a lot of folks away, if they hadn't pre-registered.

Of particular interest to folks on c.g.r.r might be the Advanced
sessions marked "Workflow" and "Cg for Renderman Users" (which should
really have been titled "Cg for Film&TV TDs" since it's not purely
RenderMan-centric -- I'll be involved in both classes). The classes
will cover not only hardware shading and Cg language, but also how to
use it in existing pipelines and integrate with tools like Max, XSI,
Maya, and of course RenderMan. We'll be showing comparisons between
high-end software shading languages like RenderMan SL and simpler but
very fast languages like Cg, and how to use Cg to give high-end TDs
better previewing, modeling, animation, and texturing tools to prep
their final rendered images.

cheers,
kb
/*** end of plug ***/

Siggraph Course of Interest

Post by Nicholas Yu » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:32:05

Quote:> /*** plug starts here ***/

> We from NVIDIA will be teaching hands-on hardware-shading classes
> again this year at Siggraph -- two tiers this time, for introductory
> and more-advanced students. It's free to Siggraph attendees and you
> can sign up at

> http://developer.nvidia.com/view.asp?FO=FO_S2003_Cg_Signup

    For those of us not able to be at SIGGRAPHs, will the material be made
available online at a later date?

    Is last year's material available from nVidia? URL?

Cheers
--
Nicholas Yue
http://users.tpg.com.au/tmyue/

1. SIGGRAPH course notes problem (course 4)

Is anyone else having problems with the notes from Course 4, Using Renderman
in Animation Production?  The other notes seem to work fine. Acrobat won't
read them in, gives me an error.  Ghostscript says "Error: /undefined in obj"

Is this a prob with my CDROM or with the notes?  I wanted to get the
RI SPEC, but now...:(

Any suggestions?  Anyone know if this is to be fixed or something????

I am using a sparc 20, Acrobat v1.0, ghostscript v2.6.1

Thanx in advance

Tom Setzer

2. Importing images via Twain

3. SIGGRAPH course notes don't work (course 4)

4. help

5. Need interesting AutoCAD sketches for Environmental Planning course

6. HELP! TIFF to IBM MO:DCA conersion

7. SIGGRAPH 96 Global Illumination Course Erratum

8. "Tux Paint" demonstration at MacNexus, Sacramento CA - March 18