Trident 8900C vesa driver?

Post by Flet » Mon, 11 Nov 1991 12:39:23

I'm trying to use my trident 8900 version C with the Imdisp77 program and it
does not recognize 800x600 VESA.  Fractint does recognize it though.  Does
anyone know of a generic VESA driver for this card, that could be used with
any program that tries to detect vesa standards?
                                    Thanx
                                         Fletch

Trident 8900C vesa driver?

Post by Joe Huffm » Fri, 15 Nov 1991 01:48:05

>I'm trying to use my trident 8900 version C with the Imdisp77 program and it
>does not recognize 800x600 VESA.  Fractint does recognize it though.  Does
>anyone know of a generic VESA driver for this card, that could be used with
>any program that tries to detect vesa standards?

Try downloading one from the Trident BBS.  I got one from there about a year
ago for the 8916 board I have.

Trident BBS
408-736-5483

Also VESA will send you drivers for a bunch of different boards if you ask
for them.

Video Electronics Standards Association
1330 South Bascom Avenue, Suite D
San Jose, CA 95128-4502

Voice: 408-971-7525
FAX:   408-286-8988

I got my VESA stuff about a year ago too but at that time there was no
Trident drivers in the package.

I strongly support the VESA efforts.  The VESA people have been quite
helpful too.  They made my life much easier when implementing the Super
VGA modes for my Flash Graphics library.
--
uunet!proto!joe