PSP7 & Thumbs Plus/ Irfan

Post by Porte » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 05:18:42

What's the compatibility of .psp 7 with Thumbs Plus and Irfan?

Here's what I currently have on ThumbsPlus viewing ...

Setting up ThumbsPlus to view PSP files
Use the following settings under Options, Preferences, File Types, New
button:
Extension: psp
Equivalent to type: (none)
Class: Raster
Load file using: OLE, then in the >> box next to that: PSP5.Image
Edit File using: Association
Print File using: Internal
Leave all other boxes blank.

Am I good to go here?  Will this method read also PSP7 files now?

I see some PSP files in Irfan but not all & won't have any time to look
deeper into this minor issue but if we have some tips on viewing PSP files
in Irfan & someone can post 'em here & I'll stick them in near the
ThumbsPlus info.

Regards,
Porter

PSP7 & Thumbs Plus/ Irfan

Post by Nightingai » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 07:11:31

I can open all my PSP files, including PSP7 files, with the latest
version of IrfanView. The version I have is version 3.20

Gail

--
Nightingail's Gallery
http://www.netsync.net/users/nighting

Quote:> On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:18:42 GMT, "Porter" > I don't currently have

Thumbsplus installed but if memory serves that
Quote:> was how to set it up for the PSP format.  As to Infraview I recently
> downloaded the latest version and my experience was it didn't read
> PSP7 files but was okay with PSP6.

> *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

PSP7 & Thumbs Plus/ Irfan

Post by Chuck Anderso » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 08:24:00

Running through a large folder of mine, using Irfanview, I see that PSP files
are still not fully supported.  Irfanview can only display the Background of a
multiple layer raster image (not the layers).  If there is no Background,
Irfanview displays nothing.  Neither can Irfanview display PSP vector layers.

Apparently, if it is in PSP7 format, it can not display anything and displays
an error icon.

Irfanview can not display PSP7 formatted image files.

> What's the compatibility of .psp 7 with Thumbs Plus and Irfan?

> Here's what I currently have on ThumbsPlus viewing ...

> Setting up ThumbsPlus to view PSP files
> Use the following settings under Options, Preferences, File Types, New
> button:
> Extension: psp
> Equivalent to type: (none)
> Class: Raster
> Load file using: OLE, then in the >> box next to that: PSP5.Image
> Edit File using: Association
> Print File using: Internal
> Leave all other boxes blank.

> Am I good to go here?  Will this method read also PSP7 files now?

> I see some PSP files in Irfan but not all & won't have any time to look
> deeper into this minor issue but if we have some tips on viewing PSP files
> in Irfan & someone can post 'em here & I'll stick them in near the
> ThumbsPlus info.

> Regards,
> Porter

 Chuck Anderson ? Boulder, CO    CycleTourist at
 http://www.CycleTourist.com     worldnet.att.net
 Tolerance is recognizing that other people have different ideals
 and needs than you. Compromise is acting on that knowledge.

PSP7 & Thumbs Plus/ Irfan

Post by Chuck Anderso » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:13:00

> I can open all my PSP files, including PSP7 files, with the latest
> version of IrfanView. The version I have is version 3.20

Did you perhaps save them in PSP6 format?

I have a couple of very simple PSP7 images (single color-filled,
Background only), and Irfanview (3.25) can not open them.  It says Invalid
- No picture.

> Gail

> --
> Nightingail's Gallery
> http://www.netsync.net/users/nighting
> Digital Artwork
> Free Web Art and Graphics

> > On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:18:42 GMT, "Porter" > I don't currently have
> Thumbsplus installed but if memory serves that
> > was how to set it up for the PSP format.  As to Infraview I recently
> > downloaded the latest version and my experience was it didn't read
> > PSP7 files but was okay with PSP6.

> > *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 Chuck Anderson ? Boulder, CO    CycleTourist at
 http://www.CycleTourist.com     worldnet.att.net
 Tolerance is recognizing that other people have different ideals
 and needs than you. Compromise is acting on that knowledge.

PSP7 & Thumbs Plus/ Irfan

Post by pjkelle » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:30:38

I can't open my .psp files from version 6 in irfanview.  I have tried
everything.  I have the newest version of it too.  *sigh*

Pamela

--
__________________________________
http://www.Jammies-On.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

PSP7 & Thumbs Plus/ Irfan

Post by Chuck Anderso » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:48:19

> I can't open my .psp files from version 6 in irfanview.  I have tried
> everything.  I have the newest version of it too.  *sigh*

Do you really mean PSP vers 6 (or 7)?  Irfanview should be able to open
version 6 images, but it will only display the Background or "lowest"
layer.  It cannot display multi-layer information from psp files.

> Pamela

> > > I can open all my PSP files, including PSP7 files, with the latest
> > > version of IrfanView. The version I have is version 3.20

> > Did you perhaps save them in PSP6 format?

> > I have a couple of very simple PSP7 images (single color-filled,
> > Background only), and Irfanview (3.25) can not open them.  It says
> Invalid
> > - No picture.

> > > Gail

> > > --
> > > Nightingail's Gallery
> > > http://www.netsync.net/users/nighting
> > > Digital Artwork
> > > Free Web Art and Graphics

> have
> > > Thumbsplus installed but if memory serves that
> recently

> > --
> >  Chuck Anderson ? Boulder, CO    CycleTourist at
> >  http://www.CycleTourist.com     worldnet.att.net
> >  Tolerance is recognizing that other people have different ideals
> >  and needs than you. Compromise is acting on that knowledge.
> >  ***********************************************************

> --
> __________________________________
> http://www.Jammies-On.com
> http://www.DesertIslandDesigns.com
> E-Mail is spelled out below
> pamela at desertislanddesigns dot com

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

 Chuck Anderson ? Boulder, CO    CycleTourist at
 http://www.CycleTourist.com     worldnet.att.net
 Tolerance is recognizing that other people have different ideals
 and needs than you. Compromise is acting on that knowledge.

PSP7 & Thumbs Plus/ Irfan

Post by Nightingai » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:23:41

I checked and you're right about Irfanview only displaying the
Background layer of a multilayer image - all my images do have
Background layers, with the Background usually containing the main image
itself, so I didn't notice that IrfanView wasn't showing non-Background
layers.

The other thing is that when I save PSP7 images,  I always use the
option to save as a PSP5 compatible file (which allows compatibility
with PSP6 as well) - so maybe that's why I can view the PSP7 files with
IrfanView. (the background layers of them at least).

Gail

--
Nightingail's Gallery
http://www.netsync.net/users/nighting
Digital Artwork
Free Web Art and Graphics

Quote:> Running through a large folder of mine, using Irfanview, I see that

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 23:17:10

> What's the compatibility of .psp 7 with Thumbs Plus and Irfan?

> Here's what I currently have on ThumbsPlus viewing ...

> Setting up ThumbsPlus to view PSP files
> Use the following settings under Options, Preferences, File Types, New
> button:
> Extension: psp
> Equivalent to type: (none)
> Class: Raster
> Load file using: OLE, then in the >> box next to that: PSP5.Image
> Edit File using: Association
> Print File using: Internal
> Leave all other boxes blank.

> Am I good to go here?  Will this method read also PSP7 files now?

That's what I have and it opens PSP 7 .psp files. ACDSee will also open
PSP 7 .psp files. IrfanView cannot open PSP 7 .psp files.

Quote:

--
Bill - PSP 7, PSP 6, and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

PSP7 & Thumbs Plus/ Irfan

Post by pjkelle » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:38:37

Irfan is showing my .psp 7 files fine but it did not version 6.

Pamela

--
__________________________________
http://www.Jammies-On.com
http://www.DesertIslandDesigns.com
E-Mail is spelled out below
pamela at desertislanddesigns dot com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

PSP7 & Thumbs Plus/ Irfan

Post by pjkelle » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:35:48

I mean PSP version 6 files will not open at all in my Irfanview.  It
keeps telling me that it is not a valid PSP file.  Since I downloaded
the trial version of PSP 7, (Yesterday) Irfan view will now open the
files fine.

Pamela

--