converting sound to graphics with povray - can it be done??

converting sound to graphics with povray - can it be done??

Post by darren » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:50:46

Hello

I am interested in getting some of my povray graphics/animations to react
with sound.

I am wondering is their a program that allows this.

I have used dancer dna - which is quite cool.

I also understand that their is a program that does the opposite e.g
converts graphics to sound - it was a Bryce product and was only available
for Mac users???

I know 3dstudio max has this ability, but I cannot afford that at the
present time.

I am just wondering if anyone is working on such a project.

Thanks

darrenf

check out my graphics : www.dazzy-d.demon.co.uk

converting sound to graphics with povray - can it be done??

Post by Dennis Millle » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 11:59:08

Graphics to Sound is the province of MetaSynth, one of the most unique
programs you'll ever find (www.metasynth.com). It's Mac only. Also does
sound to pix, in the sense that it will display an FFT of a sample that can
be edited, then resynthesized.
Coagula is a small subset of Metasynth and runs on the PC.
http://hem.passagen.se/rasmuse/  alas, it has only a small fraction of MS's
features.
There is also 3DMIDI, which connects MIDI files with POV scripts to create
real-time animations:
http://3dmidi.demonews.com/

It looks brilliant, but I never heard back from the author, whom I had
contacted with some questions.

Good luck!
d.

Quote:> Hello

> I am interested in getting some of my povray graphics/animations to react
> with sound.

> I am wondering is their a program that allows this.

> I have used dancer dna - which is quite cool.

> I also understand that their is a program that does the opposite e.g
> converts graphics to sound - it was a Bryce product and was only available
> for Mac users???

> I know 3dstudio max has this ability, but I cannot afford that at the
> present time.

> I am just wondering if anyone is working on such a project.

> Thanks

> darrenf

> check out my graphics : www.dazzy-d.demon.co.uk

1. Hi, I am doing a paper on 3D-boards, and I am looking for definitions

Hi, I am doing a paper on 3D-boards, and I am looking for definitions
for the abilities of those cards, like:
AlphaBlending
Tri-liniear filtering,
TextureMapping,
And more of those 3D features, can anyone help me with these?

Thanx!
Nick.

2. Polygon sampling in screen space?

3. WANTED: canned edge detection routines/graphics libraries

4. LookAt - question

5. Am I doing this right?

6. Interactive Java-based map of the world

7. What am I doing wrong?

8. Film Sources

9. Project getting underway, am I doing it right?

10. what am I doing wrong?

11. Am I doing this right?