sega graphics

Post by Sanjay Sin » Tue, 02 Oct 1990 03:12:00

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with making
a 3-d graphics driver in C that accurately mimics how the Sega
games Out-Run and Afterburner create their 3-d effect.

For example when the planes in after-burner are close to you, they
are very coarse and jagged, but when they get smaller in the distance, they
appear smooth and crisp, not blocky. This effect is not all that
noticeable, but the technique must have some value because it is used
even in the most recent games Sega makes.

If anyone has any insights on how Space Harrier generates its visuals,
please let me in on it. I haven't seen better graphics on any
commercial game. Bar NONE.

Thanks for your time. (and patience) -I wasn't sure if comp.graphics
was an appropriate place to post or not.

Sanjay A. Singh.

1. wanted:powerglove and sega glasses

Hello

I am developing my first VR worlds and I would like to obtain a powerglove and/or sega stereo
glasses. I f anyone has these items for sale or can point me in a direction to obtain them, it would
be greatly appreciated. I am flexible with prices.

Thank you - Hod Berman

2. Wanted: floating horizont algorithm

3. Sega 3D glasses interface ?

4. new pic

5. DVD-MP3 Sega Player...FREE Star Wars Movie

6. Playing WAV Files

7. Sega 3d LCD shutters on Indy/Indigo/Crimson?

8. Animation of 3D/2D Wireframes/Pictures under X/Dos

9. PlayStation & Sega Saturn read obj's

10. Can SEGA glasses be used on SGI?

11. Power Glove & Sega Glasses

12. WANTED : Toshiba or SEGA Shutter glasses

13. Use SEGA Master System 3D glasses w/ computer?