Cosmo3D on NT wants OpenGL.dll and not OpenGL32.dll

Cosmo3D on NT wants OpenGL.dll and not OpenGL32.dll

Post by Robert Lagersted » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to run an application on WindowsNT using Cosmo3D and
Optimizer from SGI. When running the program wants OpenGL.dll
and not OpenGL32.dll that are standard on both Win95 and NT4.0.

I presume that this is compiled into the lib, and I can't change it.
I haven't found any source om Cosmo3D and Optimizer to change
and recompile.

Have anyone solved this or have any advice for me ?

- - - - -
Robert Lagerstedt
Simulators and training system
Mandator
Sweden

Cosmo3D on NT wants OpenGL.dll and not OpenGL32.dll

Post by Sandy Hid » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

At one time I actually downloaded Comos and installed the opengl.dll
file from SGI.  Opengl.dll is a more optimized version then the
default one that comes in Windows95/NT.  I recall I even renamed it to
OpenGL32.dll and used it with other programs without any problems.  I
would try copying opengl32.dll to opengl.dll and giving that a shot.
It should work.  If that doesn't fix it,  I might be able to find the
link where I found COSMOS.

Sandy

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:57:57 +0200, "Robert Lagerstedt"

>I am trying to run an application on WindowsNT using Cosmo3D and
>Optimizer from SGI. When running the program wants OpenGL.dll
>and not OpenGL32.dll that are standard on both Win95 and NT4.0.

>I presume that this is compiled into the lib, and I can't change it.
>I haven't found any source om Cosmo3D and Optimizer to change
>and recompile.

>Have anyone solved this or have any advice for me ?

>- - - - -
>Robert Lagerstedt
>Simulators and training system
>Mandator
>Sweden

1. Wanted: pre-compiled MESA DLL's for 3DFX (OPENGL32.DLL, GLU32.DLL, GLUT32.DLL)

Hi there,

Is there anybody who can send me the Mesa 2.6+ 3DFX DLL's?  I downloaded
the library myself, and have been trying to compile the things for about
a week now.  They compile fine, and the demo's run.. mostly.  Things
just aren't what they are supposed to be.  Textures will be off..
shadows don't work.. things just look weird.

Then, there is the simple act of:

  glNewList(GLSPHERE, GL_COMPILE);
  sphere = gluNewQuadric();
  gluSphere(sphere, 20.f, 20, 20);
  gluDeleteQuadric(sphere);
  glEndList();

which causes GLU32.DLL to get a divide overflow...

Given that the demos are a bit whacked, and my own goofiness, I think I
do not know how to build the Mesa library correctly.

I don't know enough about Visual C++ to do anything about it.

Now on to the background, and please don't start on a thread about
this.  I've been looking at this group (and other groups) so I know how
people like to attack on this.. but I'm doing this under Borland Delphi
3.  It may be a bit slower, but I'm not using any of the GUI..  just the
object pascal portion, so there shouldn't be that much of a hit.

Can anybody help with the DLL's?

Thanks,
joe

2. Can "every" skip logarithmically?

3. GLUT/NT 4.0: opengl32.dll vs. opengl.dll

4. spherical texturing

5. help have opengl32.dll not opengl.dll

6. *****Adobe Illustrator 6.0 Woes******

7. OpenGL program Crashes using new OpenGL32.dll file for Win98 but not old dll file

8. Request - fractal triangl

9. glut 3.6 linked with opengl.dll not opengl32.dll: run-time error

10. Opengl32.dll vs. Opengl.dll

11. OpenGl.dll V OpenGL32.dll ?!?

12. opengl.dll or opengl32.dll?

13. opengl32.dll or opengl.dll