Help with custom POV build

Post by Ron Park » Sun, 13 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I'm trying to add some functionality to my personal version of POV 2.2,
but I keep running into a problem with output.  Specifically, when I run
it the display looks great, but I either get no output file or I get a
targa file with no headers, neither of which is very useful.  Here's the
specifics of what I'm doing:

Compiler: Symantec C++ V6.0
Computer: 486 SLC2/66 and/or Pentium/90 (both fail)
OS:       Windows 95 DOS shell build 490

I can run the official ICB version, and I can run a build of the
unmodified sources.  Here are my changes:

in PARSE.H, I added a token at the end and incremented the last ID
in TOKENIZE.C, I added the token and its textual representation into
                the array in alphabetical order
in PARSE.C, I added a simple function to parse my one-keyword, one-value
                global statement (My statement is of the form "depthmap r" for
                some real-valued r)  I also added the hook to call it when
                my token is recognized.
in LIGHTING.C, I added a global variable to hold the result of the above
                parsing, and I short-circuited Determine_Apparent_Colour to
                return a gray value scaled from the distance to the
                intersection point (0 distance is white, r distance is black)
in FRAME.H, I changed the relevant defines to insert my name

None of these changes should have influenced the output, no?  If I insert
trace messages into the targa routines, it says it executes the code to
write the headers, but when I then look at the file, it starts with FF's
(for an all-white target scene, without the depthmap keyword)

Does anyone have any idea why this isn't working?
--
Ron Parker

1. Build custom gradient help

I am trying to build a gradient using varying widths of stripes. ie, very
narrow white stripe, wide red stripe and each gradually changing size till
they reverse and go the other direction.

I am a beginner with PSP, now ver 8 and can't figure out if it will do this
or not.

Can anyone help me accomplish this.

My intent is the build an eye pleasing gradient and then use it as a pattern
for a paint scheme on a boat.

Thanks

Paul P

2. md2 texture coordinates is driving me crazy!!!

3. Custom Built graphics computer...need help here

4. Interface Designer/Texture Artist for hire

5. Custom Built PCs for low prices

6. Which Platform for LW?

7. Custom Built PCs for low prices!!!!

9. Custom Web Page Building