Handshake of JFK and Tom Hanks

Post by Oleg Shamshur » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi!
I'm very puzzled with the handshake of JFK and Tom Hanks ("Forrest Gump"
movie)...
I know about blue screen technique but I can't imagine how can an actor
follow the exact trajectory of his body, his hands, etc. Can you explain me
this?
Thanks...

Post by Glen Ozymo » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Hi!
> I'm very puzzled with the handshake of JFK and Tom Hanks ("Forrest Gump"
> movie)...
> I know about blue screen technique but I can't imagine how can an actor
> follow the exact trajectory of his body, his hands, etc. Can you explain me
> this?
> Thanks...

I remember seeing some program on the special effects done in
Forrest Gump. (It was quite some time ago, so I may be totally
out to lunch here.) As I recall it, Hanks studied the clip of
Kennedy shaking hands with someone for a while, and then tried
to mimick the motions of the guy whose hand he was shaking. They
had to due a number of takes before they got it right. So it's
just trial and error.

- glen

Post by Bob Fletch » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> > I'm very puzzled with the handshake of JFK and Tom Hanks ("Forrest
Gump"
> > movie)...

> I remember seeing some program on the special effects done in
> Forrest Gump.
> - glen

I think I saw this program, or one like it, for rent at the local
Blockbuster recently, under documentaries. ( The making of...)

Bob Fletcher
Johns Hopkins University Physics

1. Looking for spec on Scitex CT and LW Handshake file formats

Title says it all:

Looking for spec on Scitex CT and LW Handshake file formats.  Are
these FPT-able from somewhere?  Photoshop and other programs
read this file format (as well as Scitex tools, I suppose :-)

Thanks,
        David
--
David Dantowitz

Singing Barbershop when I'm not doing parallel simulation

2. Which news group discuss about Flint and Flame?

3. Hammerin' Hank pic using PSP5

4. Netscape plugin for Inventor??

5. Another Hammerin' Hank pic

6. ~~~ WANTED: SGI OCTANE & O2 MACHINES ~~~

7. Attn::::Hammerin' Hank

8. Spherical Image maps

9. Handshake plug-in?

10. Rail Road Tracks in 3D (Attn: Hank)

11. REQ - Handshake in 3DS (for 3DS4)

12. Check the bin group for my latest version of hank

13. Hank 3D fun! (QTVR)