Crop to Selection in v7.04

Post by iomm » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:31:31

Why is it that when I use the "Crop to Selection" function in version 7.04
that after the crop a few pixels of a different color is added around the
border of the cropped image?

The color of the tiny border has been yellow most of the time.

Zoom in and you will see what I mean. Shouldn't crop to selection crop
cleanly, without distorting the color along the edge of the image?

TIA,

IOMMI

Crop to Selection in v7.04

Post by Porte » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:42:56

Quote:> Why is it that when I use the "Crop to Selection" function in
version 7.04
> that after the crop a few pixels of a different color is added
around the
> border of the cropped image?

> The color of the tiny border has been yellow most of the time.

> Zoom in and you will see what I mean. Shouldn't crop to
selection crop
> cleanly, without distorting the color along the edge of the
image?

> TIA,

> IOMMI

http://campratty.com/1faq/faqpages/a10.html

Crop to Selection in v7.04

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:45:16

> Why is it that when I use the "Crop to Selection" function in version 7.04
> that after the crop a few pixels of a different color is added around the
> border of the cropped image?

> The color of the tiny border has been yellow most of the time.

> Zoom in and you will see what I mean. Shouldn't crop to selection crop
> cleanly, without distorting the color along the edge of the image?

When you make your selection, make sure that antialias is unchecked and
Feather is at 0.

Quote:

--
Bill - PSP and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

1. scanner (twain) bug in v7.04

I have encountered a 'nuisance' bug(?) in 7.04 that I thought might be
scanner-related, but has continued with the replacement of my scanner.

I had an old OpticPro 4800, parallel port shared with printer, with its
own Twain driver, and quite often - but not always - encountered a
strange problem when I clicked on the 'ACQUIRE' icon in PSP when I
wanted to scan an image. My system [AMD K6-350; Windows ME] started to
dial my internet connection! No problem, I can cancel the process.
However it's a pain.

I have just replaced the scanner with a Visioneer One-touch 8920, USB
connection; and the problem hasn't gone away!

So it doesn't appear to be either TWAIN or port related.

Anyone else encountered this?

No BIG deal. Perhaps it's fixed in V8 :). If,indeed, it's a PSP problem
and not an ME problem.

Regards

DFM

2. Triangle Problem!!! help needed :-)

3. PSP v7.04 AE Virtual Painter Update?

4. Program For Stereo View

5. Layer lockup in v7.04

6. Triangle mesh instances and pigments

7. Converting hue to opacity (psp7.04) in pasted selection

8. Missing Font in PS CS

9. Crop Tool Strange Behavior v7.02

10. Area selection with V7

11. Crop to selection