Convert JPEG to TIFF/PICT

Post by Paul McDowa » Sun, 05 Jun 1994 15:29:11

I am trying to find a shareware utility that can convert from JPEG or PCX
formats to TIFF and PICT formats. It would be great if it could also convert a
24bit image to an 8bit image as it does the translation.

Does anyone know of a utility that can do this?

Paul

Convert JPEG to TIFF/PICT

Post by Charles Wiltg » Mon, 06 Jun 1994 03:50:18

> I am trying to find a shareware utility that can convert from JPEG or PCX
> formats to TIFF and PICT formats. It would be great if it could also convert a
> 24bit image to an 8bit image as it does the translation.

> Does anyone know of a utility that can do this?

Photoshop will.  Also DeBabelizer, which also does batch conversion
(available for around $190 from Mac mail-order places).

--
Charles Wiltgen    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and

(INTP)              At night, the ice weasels come." - Nietzsche (Groening)
World Wide Web      http://www.mcs.net/~cwiltgen/home.html

Convert JPEG to TIFF/PICT

Post by Kathy Hob » Fri, 10 Jun 1994 07:18:51

> > I am trying to find a shareware utility that can convert from JPEG or PCX
> > formats to TIFF and PICT formats. It would be great if it could also convert a
> > 24bit image to an 8bit image as it does the translation.

> > Does anyone know of a utility that can do this?

 There is a shareware program called GraphicConverter, it will not do tiffs
but will do pics, converting to 8bit etc.
I don't know where on the Net it is, but it's on AOL.
Kathy

--

6404 Wandermere Drive * San Diego CA 92120
**The Life You Want is Out of Stock*It's Been Back-Ordered**