Higher level texture manipulation algorithms?

Higher level texture manipulation algorithms?

Post by James G. Durb » Sun, 12 Jun 1994 00:48:55

        We recently added texture mapping to our VR system, but the
only means we currently have of controlling the placement of textures
on our objects invlove manually manipulating the S and T texture
planes (we are using gl's texgen to automatically generate texture
vertices for us).  What we are looking for are any good
abstractions/algorithms that would help us automatically pick these
planes and to perform operations such as scaling, translating and
rotating a texture map on an object.  Any help/ideas/pointers would
be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks!!

-Jim Durbin

1. Higher level texture manipulation algorithms?

        We recently added texture mapping to our VR system, but the
only means we currently have of controlling the placement of textures
on our objects are the S and T texture planes and their respective
four (a,b,c,d) parameters.  I know there have to be algorithms out
there for mapping manipulation of these parameters to things like
scaling, translating and rotating a texture map on an object, we just
haven't found them yet.  Can anyone help?  Thanks, e-mail or posting
replies to this group would be fine...

--
                                        -------> Tommy.

        "Python, like capitalism and love, eventually co-opts all who
        seek to change it <grin>."
                                                -- Tim Peters

2. hidden features ??

3. Machine level mechanism of layer manipulation

4. how to tile the image?

5. High Level Architecture Training

6. Help: precision modelling on 3DSMAX

7. High-level cross-platform API (Galaxy compatible)

8. Looking for Scientific/Visualization applications generator / high level language

9. High-level cross-platform API (Galaxy compatible)

10. high level x-based graphics software

11. High-Level Plotting Package (in C) for IBM PC

12. Platform Independent High Level Graphics Toolkits