Octane Digital Video Out question

Post by Reinhard Wo » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:07:37

Hello all,

colleague is having a problem with his personal video option in an
Octane. He is trying to use the digital in/out capabilities via the
cam port and some device similar to Mirandas Vivo (methinks he called
it 2U or so)
EVO software has been installed correctly (various revisions of 6.5 up
to .20) - upon invoking vcp and setting input to digital the program
bails out with a "memory to screen transfer failed". Also he notices
that there is no signal output from analog ports via FBAS or SVHS....
Same has been verified with a similar system ie different Octane,
different PVO in order to exclude possible hardware related problems.
Same device and program seems to work just fine with the O2s video
option...
Can anyone shed light into this mysterious behavior...?
Is the Octanes PVO somehow crippled in comparison to the O2s video?
Any known bugs related to this in vcp?
Manufacturer of digital device claims that it works with O2 and
Octane.
Any hints appreciated.
TIA
Reinhard

Octane Digital Video Out question

Post by Emmanuel Flora » Mon, 11 Aug 2003 03:06:24

Quote:> He is trying to use the digital in/out capabilities via the
> cam port and some device similar to Mirandas Vivo (methinks he called
> it 2U or so)

It's called the U2. I don't think it to work with Octane, only the O2
with the video IO module. The camera port from the octane personal video
(or the O2 with the audioIO only) doesn't contain the necessary hardware.

--
Quis, quid, ubi, quibus auxiliis, cur, quomodo, quando?

Post by ceze » Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:06:28

>>He is trying to use the digital in/out capabilities via the
>>cam port and some device similar to Mirandas Vivo (methinks he called
>>it 2U or so)

> It's called the U2. I don't think it to work with Octane, only the O2
> with the video IO module. The camera port from the octane personal video
> (or the O2 with the audioIO only) doesn't contain the necessary hardware.

octane _is_ supported:
http://www.sgi.com/products/appsdirectory.dir/apps/app_number384605.html
rgrds
Cez

Octane Digital Video Out question

Post by Assam Syr » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:16:50

Reinhard,

I bought a PVO from you and you included the wrong drivers (for the I2
iirc). Are you sure you have installed the correct drivers?

I have an U2 and according to DVC it runs on either O2 or Octane:

http://www.digitalvideo.de/parser/parser.php?file=/dvc/htm/english/pr...

Post by nict » Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:02:14

>I have an U2 and according to DVC it runs on either O2 or Octane:

>http://www.digitalvideo.de/parser/parser.php?file=/dvc/htm/english/pr...

What's  " The Movie Sequencer..." ? from featrured irix installation ?
on which CD ?

cheers,

Post by Assam Syr » Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:59:03

> >I have an U2 and according to DVC it runs on either O2 or Octane:

> >http://www.digitalvideo.de/parser/parser.php?file=/dvc/htm/english/pr...

> What's  " The Movie Sequencer..." ? from featrured irix installation ?
> on which CD ?

> cheers,

According to DVC it was some prototype software to use with their
products but never worked properly and was therefore canned. AFAIK
even they don't have anything left of it anymore (CDs, binaries,
source).

Octane Digital Video Out question

Post by ceze » Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:01:57

"(Diaquest's) The RealTime software modules include: Movie Player, VTR
Control Panel and Movie Sequencer."

PZDR
Cezary

> What's  " The Movie Sequencer..." ? from featrured irix installation ?
> on which CD ?

1. Octane Video (digital/compression) question

I know that an Octane equipped with an Octane Digital Video card can do
some neat things in real time with a stream of CCIR-601 digital video.
For example, an incoming stream of video can be mixed with graphics and
outputted all in real time. I also know that the Octane Digital Video
card can be combined with the Octane Compression card to introduce MJPEG
compressed video into the mix.

Based on what I have read, the Octane Compression card can be used
*alone* as a simple video capture and output device (videoin/videoout)
with hardware MJPEG compression.

Here's my question:

Can the Octane Compression card be used *alone* to do the same real time
mixing features of the Octane Digital Video card? I would like to mix an
incoming video stream with graphics and output all in real time. I would
like to do so with analog (composite/svideo) video and have NO NEED for
CCIR-601 digital video support. I would like to do this mixing with
uncompressed analog video.

Is this possible?  Or would I be required to use a combination of Octane
Digital Video and Octane Compression... or Octane Digital Video and some
messy set of analog->digital converters?

I ask this as the Octane Digital Video Programmer's Guide discusses such
mixing, wiping, keying, etc... while the Octane Compression Programmer's
Guide only discusses simple capture and compression. I need analog
mixing and have no need or desire to use digital video I/O.

Thanks in advance,
Colin

2. Download site

3. Digital video problems on Octane

4. 3D Studio R4 for DOS + Inside 3DSR4 book

5. Help:OCTANE digital video and compression board

6. gluLookAt as part of projection or modelview??

7. Luma keying on the OCTANE Digital Video Board

8. 3DSite: Jobs, Boards, Links, News, Calendar of events, Resumes

9. Square pixels on Octane Digital Video?

10. Question on dual Video (Original Octane -- SI + MXI)

11. does firegl 1000 have video outs?

12. Digital Video Questions