Wanted: Algorithm to extract scale/rotation factors from matrix

Wanted: Algorithm to extract scale/rotation factors from matrix

Post by Robert Lansda » Thu, 10 Jun 1993 18:55:53

I am in need of an algorithm to extract scaling and rotation factors
from a transformation matrix. I've implemented two such algorithms from
Graphics Gems II (page 322), but have only had success with the rotation
extraction algorithm (I can't get the shear/scaling algorithm to work).
Would anyone be willing to supply some C source or references? Thanks.

--> Rob Lansdale

--
Robert Lansdale - (416) 978-6619       Dynamic Graphics Project

UUCP:   ..!uunet!dgp.toronto.edu!lansd University of Toronto