crop to selection??

Post by Sean » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Beta versions of Psp7 had a nice feature "Crop to Selection" ...can't seem
to find this in the fully registered version ...has this feature been
dropped or moved to somewhere else on the tool bar?

--
Sean

crop to selection??

Post by JoAn » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Beta versions of Psp7 had a nice feature "Crop to Selection" ...can't
seem
> to find this in the fully registered version ...has this feature been
> dropped or moved to somewhere else on the tool bar?

Image > Crop to Selection...or Shift+R on the keyboard.

Jo

crop to selection??

Post by Porte » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> > Beta versions of Psp7 had a nice feature "Crop to Selection" ...can't
> seem
> > to find this in the fully registered version ...has this feature been
> > dropped or moved to somewhere else on the tool bar?

> Image > Crop to Selection...or Shift+R on the keyboard.

> Jo

We also have a toolbar button too.  I love that button.

crop to selection??

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> > Beta versions of Psp7 had a nice feature "Crop to Selection" ...can't
> seem
> > to find this in the fully registered version ...has this feature been
> > dropped or moved to somewhere else on the tool bar?

> Image > Crop to Selection...or Shift+R on the keyboard.

> Jo

I don't use crop to selection very often but on the rare times that I
have mistakenly used the selection tool rather than the crop tool and
don't want to go through the bother of defining the area again with the
crop tool, I head to the 'Crop to Selection'. I absent mindedly look for
it first under Selections, where it belongs if you ask me.

--
Bill - PSP 7 Private Beta Tester and
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

crop to selection??

Post by Porte » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> > > Beta versions of Psp7 had a nice feature "Crop to Selection" ...can't
> > seem
> > > to find this in the fully registered version ...has this feature been
> > > dropped or moved to somewhere else on the tool bar?

> > Image > Crop to Selection...or Shift+R on the keyboard.

> > Jo

> I don't use crop to selection very often but on the rare times that I
> have mistakenly used the selection tool rather than the crop tool and
> don't want to go through the bother of defining the area again with the
> crop tool, I head to the 'Crop to Selection'. I absent mindedly look for
> it first under Selections, where it belongs if you ask me.

> --
> Bill -

Anther method for cropping to selection I don't think any of us mentioned is
to double click on that toolbar crop tool.  Any of you folks who've never
double-clicked your crop tool, may want to peek at what other helpful
goodies are on that secret dialog box who pops up when you double-click it.

crop to selection??

Post by McGrandpa [AGQx » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I dunno about that one, I use SHIFT R for crop to selection.  Worked in 5 6
and now 7

--
Michael S. McCollum
     "McGrandpa[AGQx]"

Quote:> Beta versions of Psp7 had a nice feature "Crop to Selection" ...can't seem
> to find this in the fully registered version ...has this feature been
> dropped or moved to somewhere else on the tool bar?

> --
> Sean

crop to selection??

Post by McGrandpa [AGQx » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Yaknow, if it is in a menu, then it ought to be in the CUSTOMIZE TOOLBAR
thing, and it isn't.  Just PERFORM CROP like was in 5.  I hadn't noticed
that, I'm used to using SHIFT R to crop to selection, easy.

--
Michael S. McCollum
     "McGrandpa[AGQx]"

> > Beta versions of Psp7 had a nice feature "Crop to Selection" ...can't
> seem
> > to find this in the fully registered version ...has this feature been
> > dropped or moved to somewhere else on the tool bar?

> Image > Crop to Selection...or Shift+R on the keyboard.

> Jo

crop to selection??

Post by Porte » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Yaknow, if it is in a menu, then it ought to be in the CUSTOMIZE TOOLBAR
> thing, and it isn't.  Just PERFORM CROP like was in 5.  I hadn't noticed
> that, I'm used to using SHIFT R to crop to selection, easy.

> --
> Michael S. McCollum
>      "McGrandpa[AGQx]"

Well, only God knows why, but that sneaky little sucker got itself listed
under P (for Perform Crop) in the toolbar buttons.  Open the customize
toolbars dialog and click on any item in that left side list of buttons to
activate that column.  Now start tapping your keyboard letter "p"
repeatedly.  This walks you through all those buttons starting with P.

 The crop button will eventually come up and can be installed on any
toolbar.  It's a needle in a haystack (whoever thought up this one was
working waaay too late that night) but it's in there.

Porter

> > > Beta versions of Psp7 had a nice feature "Crop to Selection" ...can't
> > seem
> > > to find this in the fully registered version ...has this feature been
> > > dropped or moved to somewhere else on the tool bar?

> > Image > Crop to Selection...or Shift+R on the keyboard.

> > Jo

crop to selection??

Post by JoAn » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> > > Beta versions of Psp7 had a nice feature "Crop to Selection"
...can't
> > seem
> > > to find this in the fully registered version ...has this feature
been
> > > dropped or moved to somewhere else on the tool bar?

> > Image > Crop to Selection...or Shift+R on the keyboard.

> > Jo

> I don't use crop to selection very often but on the rare times that I
> have mistakenly used the selection tool rather than the crop tool and
> don't want to go through the bother of defining the area again with
the
> crop tool, I head to the 'Crop to Selection'. I absent mindedly look
for
> it first under Selections, where it belongs if you ask me.

I admit I had to go looking for it myself...and the Selection menu was
the first place I looked, too.  I'm more of a keyboard shortcut person
tho, one hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard, so have always
used Shift+R...just easier to me.  I can't even remember the last time I
used the crop tool.

Jo

crop to selection??

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> > > Yaknow, if it is in a menu, then it ought to be in the CUSTOMIZE TOOLBAR
> > > thing, and it isn't.  Just PERFORM CROP like was in 5.  I hadn't noticed
> > > that, I'm used to using SHIFT R to crop to selection, easy.

> > > --
> > > Michael S. McCollum
> > >      "McGrandpa[AGQx]"

> > Well, only God knows why, but that sneaky little sucker got itself listed
> > under P (for Perform Crop) in the toolbar buttons.  Open the customize
> > toolbars dialog and click on any item in that left side list of buttons to
> > activate that column.  Now start tapping your keyboard letter "p"
> > repeatedly.  This walks you through all those buttons starting with P.

> >  The crop button will eventually come up and can be installed on any
> > toolbar.

> Huh?  I thought you could only add icons to the customizable "Standard"
> toolbar.

Nope. You can add any of the tool buttons to any toolbar. Just right
click on any tool bar and select Customize.

--

Post by Porte » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 11:11:05

> > > Yaknow, if it is in a menu, then it ought to be in the CUSTOMIZE
TOOLBAR
> > > thing, and it isn't.  Just PERFORM CROP like was in 5.  I hadn't
noticed
> > > that, I'm used to using SHIFT R to crop to selection, easy.

> > > --
> > > Michael S. McCollum
> > >      "McGrandpa[AGQx]"

> > Well, only God knows why, but that sneaky little sucker got itself
listed
> > under P (for Perform Crop) in the toolbar buttons.  Open the customize
> > toolbars dialog and click on any item in that left side list of buttons
> > activate that column.  Now start tapping your keyboard letter "p"
> > repeatedly.  This walks you through all those buttons starting with P.

> >  The crop button will eventually come up and can be installed on any
> > toolbar.

> Huh?  I thought you could only add icons to the customizable "Standard"
> toolbar.

Well now that you mention it, I do recall that Joe stripped a bunch of
buttons off the Browser toolbar, but those other four customizable toolbars
should still have everything available?  Is that wrong?  I just installed my
CD a couple days back & haven't specifically looked?  My .wsp files all
loaded up fine & everything sure felt the same.  I have a lot of buttons
installed on a lot of bars & my every-day standard workspace runs with that
particular crop button currently installed in 2 separate locations.

Porter

crop to selection??

Post by Jasc Softwar » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

The crop button is a slightly special case because it is really two buttons
in one.  If you have a selection active it is "crop to selection".  If you
have the crop tool up it is simply "crop".

The toolbar customization dialogs show the tooltip associated with each
button.  I never looked at what the crop one said specifically, but I
believe it is "Perform Crop" to differentiate it from the "Crop" tool on the
tool palette.

Tools in the toolbar customization dialog are ordered by menu location, so
look for crop in the same vicinity as other things on the edit menu.

Joe

> > Yaknow, if it is in a menu, then it ought to be in the CUSTOMIZE TOOLBAR
> > thing, and it isn't.  Just PERFORM CROP like was in 5.  I hadn't noticed
> > that, I'm used to using SHIFT R to crop to selection, easy.

> > --
> > Michael S. McCollum
> >      "McGrandpa[AGQx]"

> Well, only God knows why, but that sneaky little sucker got itself listed
> under P (for Perform Crop) in the toolbar buttons.  Open the customize
> toolbars dialog and click on any item in that left side list of buttons to
> activate that column.  Now start tapping your keyboard letter "p"
> repeatedly.  This walks you through all those buttons starting with P.

>  The crop button will eventually come up and can be installed on any
> toolbar.  It's a needle in a haystack (whoever thought up this one was
> working waaay too late that night) but it's in there.

> Porter

> > > seem

> > > Image > Crop to Selection...or Shift+R on the keyboard.

> > > Jo

crop to selection??

Post by GLMoor » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Same here, anytime I can use a keyboard shortcut I do ... is there any
advantage to the crop tool that is missing from the crop-to-selection?

GLMoore

> ...can't
> > > seem
> been

> > > Image > Crop to Selection...or Shift+R on the keyboard.

> > > Jo

> > I don't use crop to selection very often but on the rare times that I
> > have mistakenly used the selection tool rather than the crop tool and
> > don't want to go through the bother of defining the area again with
> the
> > crop tool, I head to the 'Crop to Selection'. I absent mindedly look
> for
> > it first under Selections, where it belongs if you ask me.

> I admit I had to go looking for it myself...and the Selection menu was
> the first place I looked, too.  I'm more of a keyboard shortcut person
> tho, one hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard, so have always
> used Shift+R...just easier to me.  I can't even remember the last time I
> used the crop tool.

> Jo

crop to selection??

Post by Jasc Softwar » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Sure - the crop rectangle is resizable after it is put down, unlike a
selection rectangle.

> Same here, anytime I can use a keyboard shortcut I do ... is there any
> advantage to the crop tool that is missing from the crop-to-selection?

> GLMoore

> > ...can't
> > been

> > > I don't use crop to selection very often but on the rare times that I
> > > have mistakenly used the selection tool rather than the crop tool and
> > > don't want to go through the bother of defining the area again with
> > the
> > > crop tool, I head to the 'Crop to Selection'. I absent mindedly look
> > for
> > > it first under Selections, where it belongs if you ask me.

> > I admit I had to go looking for it myself...and the Selection menu was
> > the first place I looked, too.  I'm more of a keyboard shortcut person
> > tho, one hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard, so have always
> > used Shift+R...just easier to me.  I can't even remember the last time I
> > used the crop tool.

> > Jo

1. Crop to selection

Working through some tutorials and this one has me stumped.
http://www.jasc.com/tutorials/nieuwenstein/crop2selection.asp?
I am unable to get freehand selection to be isolated with a white
background for the area outside of the crop. I keep getting a rectangle
which appears to be the maximum height and width of my selection. Anyone
know what I am doing wrong?

--
Graham Thorley

Like Art? visit         http://www.ArtByJudy.com