netPBM/PBMplus information?

Post by Tom Williamso » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I was referred to a Unix library called netPBM to solve a problem I have.
Anyone know where I can find some information on it?

Thanks...

Post by Tom Lan » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I was referred to a Unix library called netPBM to solve a problem I have.
> Anyone know where I can find some information on it?

The latest release I've heard about is 1-Mar-1994, available at
ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/graphics/graphics/packages/NetPBM/

This is still a fine set of programs for basic command-line and
script-driven image-bashing, but if you are looking for something
a little newer and cooler, you might also consider ImageMagick
http://www.wizards.dupont.com/cristy/ImageMagick.html

                        regards, tom lane
                        organizer, Independent JPEG Group

1. Netpbm/Pbmplus FAQ's

Hallo Guys,

I am trying to install the pbmplus or netpbm graphic
packets on a DEC OSF1 machine. I am having problems
in compilation.
If there is anyone who has done this installation on a
similar OS please do mail me a summary of the todos. I
have searched in vain for any FAQs on the mentioned ftp
sites in the README files.
Is there a similar graphic packet? Does anyone have any
interesting  pointers? Any will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance for your help.

Later,
Apola
University of Wuppertal,
Germany

2. cosmic zoom

3. PBMPLUS/NETPBM - script to generate documentation?

4. OpenGL Reference & MFC

5. pbmplus or netpbm

6. How Safe ?

7. pbmplus / netpbm error in xpmtoppm for color "none"

8. Still waiting for my Mac LW [6] upgrade...

9. netpbm for win32, simple question

10. netpbm for NT?

11. Netpbm Plus

12. Problem with PCX conversion and netpbm

13. NETPBM : pnmcat on HP-UX