convert >1000 jpg's to mpeg

Post by Holger Bibe » Tue, 28 May 2002 21:16:23

Hi,

I'm grabbing every N sec one picture from our outdoor * and save it to a
named directory on our webserver (Linux, AthlonXP, 512 MB).
I want to convert the pictures of one or more day(s), i.e. more than 1000 jpegs
(each  nearly 70 kB) to a single mpeg-movie-file.

Using 'convert' from ImageMagick terminates abnormally after nearly 400
pictures.
Changing to another system (2xAthlonXP 1800+, 1 GB RAM, 3 GB Swap) terminates
also after 700-800 images.

Are there other (free !!) tools for Linux-systems to convert such images ?

Thanks for any hints.
Bye
Holger

convert >1000 jpg's to mpeg

Post by Paul » Wed, 29 May 2002 02:00:17

Hi,
I did exactly the same, but with bigger pictures (1MB each!) and nearly
a 1000 too. ImageMagick crashed on the server I used it on (suppsoedly a
  server designed for intensive computation at my university don t know
exact specs). I got a bus error after a while. Running it again would
just let me get a message like "cannot open file" "too many files open
at the same time".
So what I did is give up under Linux (can t really install new programs
on thos machines). I took a utility I found on tucows, called JPEGvideo.
  This is a nice program, doing the job (but nothing fancy). But as I
said, it works under Windows.
So this message just to say that for once, there is a solution in the
dark side of the force.
Paul

> Hi,

> I'm grabbing every N sec one picture from our outdoor * and save it to a
> named directory on our webserver (Linux, AthlonXP, 512 MB).
> I want to convert the pictures of one or more day(s), i.e. more than 1000 jpegs
> (each  nearly 70 kB) to a single mpeg-movie-file.

> Using 'convert' from ImageMagick terminates abnormally after nearly 400
> pictures.
> Changing to another system (2xAthlonXP 1800+, 1 GB RAM, 3 GB Swap) terminates
> also after 700-800 images.

> Are there other (free !!) tools for Linux-systems to convert such images ?

> Thanks for any hints.
> Bye
> Holger

convert >1000 jpg's to mpeg

Post by Hans-Herbert Vollm » Tue, 11 Jun 2002 02:20:26

Hallo Holger!

Antwort auf eine Message von Holger Biber an All:

Try mainactor for that, if there is a Linux-Version.

http://www.mainconcept.com

MfG,
Hansi

1. Converting Tiff's MPEG's

Can anybody tell me of a decent bit of software to convert Quicktime,
MPEG's etc to a useable SGI format e.g. tiff's and it needs to be pretty
quick as Photoshop takes about an hour to convert 10minute

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Need PICS file format or player.

3. batch converting TIFF's into JPG's

4. SoPickedPoint (bug?)

5. program to create batch of 1000's of thumbnails and convert to jpg??

6. CAREER POSTING -SR SOFTWARE ENG FOR MEDICAL PROJECT

7. Employment Opportunity

8. Help, I'm using an Winprint 1000 and won't print from the PM6

9. jpg->pict or jpg->gif converter?

10. someone know hoe convert an avi->mpeg?

11. Batch convert tif -> jpg

12. Convert: TIFF->JPG on UNIX or PC