convert eps to eps with preview???

Post by Thorsten Lüc » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I would like to convert encapsulated postscript files (generated with
gnuplot) to eps-files with preview.
The intention is, to use these files with MS word and a postscript
printer, but for (at least untrained users) documents, where only the
placeholder of the eps-file is seen are rather "unusual" - and I have to
share my documents with others ...

Well - I could switch over to a pixel oriented format, but I would like
to keep the vectorized format (as these is smaller an resizable).

I tried <convert> from image-magic (convert xxx.eps
ept:xxx_with_prev.eps), but this did not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thorsten

--
IfEN - Institut fr Erdmessung und Navigation
http://IfEN.BauV.UniBw-Muenchen.de

  Thorsten Lueck
  Tel.:  +49 89 6004-3551
  Fax :  +49 89 6004-3019

1. Mac EPS (PICT preview) to PC EPS (TIFF preview)

Does anybody know of a utility for the Mac or PC that can simply
convert the preview image in a Mac EPS file from PICT to TIF?

MacLink Translator can but unfortunately the TIF image is HUGE!
(Probably 24-bit). This causes an EPS file to go from 47k to 530k for
example.

All I need is a 1-bit TIF preview image in the EPS file so that these
files produce a screen image in FrameMaker on both the Mac and the PC.
(Graphics are being produced in Canvas on the Mac, imported into Frame
on the Mac, and placed on the Novell network for use on both Macs and
PCs).

2. Mr. Nitro...

3. Filter that converts EPSI to IBM EPS with TIFF preview

4. www.meltedmoon.dk

5. Need help in converting Mac EPS files to IBM EPS files

6. MediaStudio Audio?

7. Need help converting Mac EPS files to IBM EPS files

8. Convert MAC EPS to Windows EPS - from Windows?

9. Preview .EPS files stored without preview?

10. Please help???Tiff preview on EPS images???

11. Cannot preview EPS linked file in Illustrator 7