off-screen dialog box

Post by m.. » Mon, 03 Mar 1997 04:00:00

how do you get a dialog box back on-screen when it's popped off-screen
somewhere...

the applet i'm concerned with  is Nudger, for Quark...
every once in a while, it will reposition itself off the screen...
we have 8 Mac's at work, and on the two that have decent video cards,
i've reset the window to 1280, and the Nudger app is down in the corner
somewhere...
so i drag it back in to the center, reset again
(we usually run at 10x8), and everything's fine...
on the others...we've simply LOST the little *...

is there something i can reset with resedit, or in a preference
somewhere?

much thanks...
----------------------------------

the following advertisers have annoyed me with junkmail

1. Dialog Boxes off the Screen...

Hello,

I had installed a dual-head video card but due to the fact that the two TFT
monitors being used were different resolutions it was not very successful.

The card was removed, and I reverted back to the larger screen.

However, now the dialog box for Open New seems to appear off screen, as this is
where it appeared in relation to the main app screen when I had dual screens.
The effect is I can hit Ctrl-N, then hit return and get a new image window.

Is there any keystroke to centre the current dialog box on the screen?  Any way
I can reset the dialog boxes to appear in their default positions?

Remove the bananas to reply:

2. DPI help?

3. Dialog box off screen..!!

4. Saturation is higher when viewing images in CS2...

5. On Open Dialog & Save Dialog Box

6. Powerpoint vs Adobe Persuasion

7. FLC Player for Sun

8. IE 5.0 screen shaken off of my screen

9. off screen z buffer->on screen RGB

10. How do I customize Filemaker Pro to operate without a specific dialog box

11. PSP dialog boxes are in german ???!!!

12. many images and printer dialog box