Changing VBA Environment

Post by Mark » Sun, 16 Dec 2001 00:58:29

The "additional controls" option is greyed out with the version of VB that
is launched from Project. (Alt F11).  Is there a way to change which VB is
launched? (I also have the working edition which has these controls, and
have not yet come up with the cash to buy a full version).

Thanks,
Mark

Changing VBA Environment

Post by Jack D » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 05:00:58

You do know that that command will be greyed out unless you have a userform
open, right?
Try opening a form and see if it helps.

--
Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
infrequently.

-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

+++++++++++++++++++

Quote:> The "additional controls" option is greyed out with the version of VB that
> is launched from Project. (Alt F11).  Is there a way to change which VB is
> launched? (I also have the working edition which has these controls, and
> have not yet come up with the cash to buy a full version).

> Thanks,
> Mark

Changing VBA Environment

Post by Mark » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 08:59:57

Thank  you. Now how would I have found this out without your assistance?

Mark

> You do know that that command will be greyed out unless you have a
userform
> open, right?
> Try opening a form and see if it helps.

> --
> Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
> infrequently.

> -Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

> +++++++++++++++++++

> > The "additional controls" option is greyed out with the version of VB
that
> > is launched from Project. (Alt F11).  Is there a way to change which VB
is
> > launched? (I also have the working edition which has these controls, and
> > have not yet come up with the cash to buy a full version).

> > Thanks,
> > Mark

Changing VBA Environment

Post by Jack D » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:06:50

Same way I did. A three step process

Create a form, try to add control OK!

Close form, poke around and see what other controls are available, What?
Can't see controls?

Try opening the form and see if that changes things. It does!

Some of this stuff is educated trial and error. If it should work, most
likely it does work but you just need to approach it from a different angle.

--
Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
infrequently.

-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

+++++++++++++++++++

> Thank  you. Now how would I have found this out without your assistance?

> Mark

> > You do know that that command will be greyed out unless you have a
> userform
> > open, right?
> > Try opening a form and see if it helps.

> > --
> > Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
> > infrequently.

> > -Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

> > +++++++++++++++++++

> > > The "additional controls" option is greyed out with the version of VB
> that
> > > is launched from Project. (Alt F11).  Is there a way to change which
VB
> is
> > > launched? (I also have the working edition which has these controls,
and
> > > have not yet come up with the cash to buy a full version).

> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark

1. Changing the .mdw changes it for everyone else - MS Access 2000/TS Environment

Hi guys

Any help on the problem below would be much appreciated.

We have a number of users who, through an ICA session, use an Access
2000 database located on our file server. The database is accessed via
a link in each of the users Start Menu, e.g
K:\Apps\Office2000\Office\MSACCESS.EXE "M:\pmdb\Finform.mdb" /wrkgrp
"M:\pmdb\pmform.mdw" /user:Admin. Everythings works fine in this
multi-user environment until somebody wants to change to another .mdw
file. When a user through MS Access Workgroup Admin selects another
workgroup file, the result is that everybody then gets the new .mdw
file, denying access to future users of the database.

Has anyone seen/had problems in a multi-user environment where one
person changing their .mdw affects everyone else?? We were on an
NT4.0, TSE/MF 1.8/Office 97 platform previously and never had a
problem like that above. We are now running W2K (SP2), Citrix MF XP
(SP1/FR1), Office 2000 (SR2), MDAC 2.6 (SP1), JET 4.0 (SP6).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

2. test

3. Control's Property not visible in Excel's VBA environment

4. Forwarding email from specific address to another address

5. product licensee information within the excel vba environment

6. #Error when calculating Sum totals in page footer

7. error using excel 2000 VBA created classes in a Sax Basic Environment

8. Change publication design

9. SendKeys sends the contents of the cell right into the VBA environment?

10. Environment Varibal & VBA

11. Referencing environment variables from Access 97 VBA?

12. Retrieve OS Environment Variables via VBA

13. VBA Environment