Opening Resource pool automatically opens other "related" file

Opening Resource pool automatically opens other "related" file

Post by Jim Zee » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 06:23:20

Something happened so that when I open my shared resource
pool, it opens a related file which happens to be one of
the plans linked to the resource pool.  I checked external
links and it doesn't show any linked file.

Here's an example:
When I open ResourcePool.mpp it automatidally opens
PlanA.mpp.  If I try to close PlanA.mpp it says I cannot
close a related plan.  PlanA.mpp is using the shared
resource pool ResourcePool.mpp  If I look at the list of
shared resource files in ResourcePool.mpp, PlanA.mpp is
listed only once.

What's happening here and how do I stop PlanA.mpp from
opening every time I open ResourcePool.mpp

Opening Resource pool automatically opens other "related" file

Post by Rod Gil » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 16:57:58

Jim,

You may have a corrupted resource pool. This happens quite often if you ever
move a project file or unshare from the pool, but don't save the resource
pool.  It can also happen if you make a change in the resource pool, but
don't update the related projects.  When you have a resource pool, you
should either close all open projects and save ALL of them or don't save
changes for ALL of them.

Try unsharing all projects from the pool, delete the pool project and create
a new, empty one, then share again.

--

Visit www.mvps.org/project/ for the Project MVP's FAQ and third party
add-ons

Rod Gill
Microsoft Project MVP
Visit www.projectlearning.com for customized Project and Office VBA macros
and Project companion software

Quote:> Something happened so that when I open my shared resource
> pool, it opens a related file which happens to be one of
> the plans linked to the resource pool.  I checked external
> links and it doesn't show any linked file.

> Here's an example:
> When I open ResourcePool.mpp it automatidally opens
> PlanA.mpp.  If I try to close PlanA.mpp it says I cannot
> close a related plan.  PlanA.mpp is using the shared
> resource pool ResourcePool.mpp  If I look at the list of
> shared resource files in ResourcePool.mpp, PlanA.mpp is
> listed only once.

> What's happening here and how do I stop PlanA.mpp from
> opening every time I open ResourcePool.mpp

1. Problem open an "other" excel file from "this" file

Hello,
I have a problem working with two Excel files.
Lets say I have open, file ThisExcelFile.xls
Using VBA, I need to obtain data from a range in OtherExcelFile.xls

In an attempt to figure out how to do this, I wrote the following code, that
returns a subscript out of range error.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to fix it?

Dim stringval1 As String
stringval1 = "c:\OtherExcelFile.xls"
Dim o1 As Range
o1 = Workbooks(stringval1).Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B10:B10")
' the subscript out of range error occurs on the above line... o1 = ....

Thanks,

Keith

2. Test Connection Feature??

3. Office 97 excel "unable to open file "xxxx" " file is read only.

4. auto number datatype

5. Opening Windows "Save As" or "Open" Dialogue from Access

6. Outlook not sending zip files

7. how can I lock the "new" / "open" / "create" Button ?

8. create Autonumber Field with CreateField method

9. Error Opening Excel 95/97 Files - "Cannot open binary file...."

10. Removing files from the "Open An Existing File" at the opening screen

11. "Multiples" Projects, Managers,& Resource Pool Help $$

12. Crash when clicking on "save as" or "open file" drive list box

13. "Unknown File Name" as "~$xxxxx" in the Open Command