1. What kinda weird CD won't mount on a Mac??
A friend recently sent me a CD of vacation pictures (.jpgs) that she'd
burned on her Windows PC. The CD wouldn't mount on my Mac (Beige G3)
and I got a dialog saying the disk was unreadable and did I want to
Suspecting that she'd had a buffer underrun or some other burn error, I
asked her to send another. When it too could not be read, I got
curious. I took the CD to work and tried it in a Windows PC. It
So, my question is, what kind of Windows formatted CD can't be read on a
Mac?? I have NEVER had any problem mounting any DOS, Windows, ISO 9660,
or Hybrid CD ever.
I asked her if she knew what format she'd burned the disk in, but she
didn't know that or for that matter what burning software she'd used.
Still- it shouldn't matter- the great thing about my Mac is I've always
been able to mount ANY CD. And I still can- except this one!
I should mention also that it wouldn't mount in either of my CD drives-
not my internal Panasonic 24x CD-ROM or my external Yamaha 8/4/24 CD-R
My driver software is the latest Intech CD/DVD Speedtools 5.7 and I have
the full OS 9.1 complement of Foreign File access extensions.
Any guesses as to what this weird Windows CD is that will mount on a
Windows PC and not a Mac?
2. Pro*C: How many rows selected?
3. io-magic usb cdrw, mounts cd but won't burn
4. Filtering on source port (was priority lists: telnet over FTP)
5. Help! CDs won't mount
6. Software Dist, thru GP
7. CD from PC won't mount in 9.2.1.
8. Sound Galaxy NX PRO 16 & SONY CD31a-02 CD-ROM installation ?
9. freebie CD-ROM won't mount
10. mount DOS CD-ROM on Mac?
11. Audio CDs made with Que won't play in CD players
12. CD-ROM player won't read Data CD's
13. old 5.25" disks won't mount on IIgs?