Mounting DOS/WIN CDs

Post by Matthew L. Bollwi » Thu, 08 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Is there any way to mount the DOS portion of a CD that has a Mac portion?  I
seem to get only the Mac side of a shareware CD when it is inserted to my
Q650.

In my extensions folder I have the Foreign File, High Sierra File, and ISO
9660 File access extensions.  Do I need to take one out to force the DOS side
to appear?  Do I need to add an extension?

Thanks!

Mounting DOS/WIN CDs

Post by REPLYBo » Sat, 01 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Try loading PC exchange.  It should let you view the PC particion

1. What kinda weird CD won't mount on a Mac??

Hey gang-

A friend recently sent me a CD of vacation pictures (.jpgs) that she'd
burned on her Windows PC.   The CD wouldn't mount on my Mac (Beige G3)
and I got a dialog saying the disk was unreadable and did I want to
initialize it.

Suspecting that she'd had a buffer underrun or some other burn error, I
asked her to send another.  When it too could not be read, I got
curious.  I took the CD to work and tried it in a Windows PC.  It
mounted fine!

So, my question is, what kind of Windows formatted CD can't be read on a
Mac??  I have NEVER had any problem mounting any DOS, Windows, ISO 9660,
or Hybrid CD ever.

I asked her if she knew what format she'd burned the disk in, but she
didn't know that or for that matter what burning software she'd used.
Still- it shouldn't matter- the great thing about my Mac is I've always
been able to mount ANY CD.  And I still can- except this one!

I should mention also that it wouldn't mount in either of my CD drives-
not my internal Panasonic 24x CD-ROM or my external Yamaha 8/4/24 CD-R
drive.

My driver software is the latest Intech CD/DVD Speedtools 5.7 and I have
the full OS 9.1 complement of Foreign File access extensions.

Any guesses as to what this weird Windows CD is that will mount on a
Windows PC and not a Mac?

Thanks!

Dave

--

2. Pro*C: How many rows selected?

3. io-magic usb cdrw, mounts cd but won't burn

4. Filtering on source port (was priority lists: telnet over FTP)

5. Help! CDs won't mount

6. Software Dist, thru GP

7. CD from PC won't mount in 9.2.1.

8. Sound Galaxy NX PRO 16 & SONY CD31a-02 CD-ROM installation ?

9. freebie CD-ROM won't mount

10. mount DOS CD-ROM on Mac?

11. Audio CDs made with Que won't play in CD players

12. CD-ROM player won't read Data CD's

13. old 5.25" disks won't mount on IIgs?