Print Spooler for ImageWriter II over AppleTalk

Print Spooler for ImageWriter II over AppleTalk

Post by Taylor Leami » Thu, 18 Jan 1990 01:09:11

I've been looking for an inexpensive print spooler for my 2-Mac office
which has an ImageWriter II w/AT option card and a small AppleTalk net.

It seems that Apple has neglected the large user-base of ImageWriters
when it released MultiFinder/Print Monitor -- it supports only
LaserWriters.  So, your Mac is still tied up with a print job to an
ImageWriter even under MF.

It appears that most Print Spoolers on the market support only
LaserWriters.

Does anyone have a *good* spooler, at a resaonable price, that they
would recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Taylor Leaming

Print Spooler for ImageWriter II over AppleTalk

Post by Fabian Fabe Ramir » Fri, 19 Jan 1990 06:14:45

Taylor,

Take a look at SuperMac's SuperLaserSpool 2.01, it will support all current
Apple printers...AppleTalk or direct connect.

Fabian Ramirez
SuperMac Technology

sun!cup.portal.com!fabian

1. Print Spooler for ImageWriter II over Ap

Get SuperLaserSpool from SuperMac. Despite it's name it works just fine
with Appletalked-ImageWriter IIs. I have a Mac+,a II, and an ImageWriter
II (with Appletalk option) all connected via Tops, and it works just fine.
                                      -Ed

--
Ed Edell via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!107!563!Ed.Edell

2. Users cannot change password (Joe Richards)

3. AppleTalk ImageWriter II and Print Shop GS

4. Ccs 64 vs.my stupidity

5. Print Spoolers for the ImageWriter?

6. Risc OS in Flash ROM

7. Imagewriter Print Spoolers

8. Demarcs and Shared Wiring

9. FS: Imagewriter II with AppleTalk card & 2 Appletalk boxes

10. Color printing on ImageWriter LQ (AppleTalk)

11. Apple II Emulator card in Mac LC talking to Appletalk Imagewriter II

12. FS: Imagewriter II with AppleTalk Card installed

13. FS: ImageWriter II w/ AppleTalk Option card