mount DOS CD-ROM on Mac?

Post by Gerald McMana » Tue, 09 Nov 1993 22:32:52

  Is there a way to do this? Saw a note replying to query about Toshiba CD-ROM
drivers for Mac which referred asker to Corel SCSI. Would this software mount
this volume as well? How does one reach Corel? Many thanks.
  (Did not see this in any FAQ.)
  Gerry

mount DOS CD-ROM on Mac?

Post by Esa Risti » Wed, 10 Nov 1993 23:59:32

Quote:>  Is there a way to do this? Saw a note replying to query about Toshiba CD-ROM
>drivers for Mac which referred asker to Corel SCSI. Would this software mount
>this volume as well? How does one reach Corel? Many thanks.

If you mean you just want to mount DOS CD-ROM disc (not to use a drive
designed for PC's) you don't need any additional drivers.  CD-ROM Setup
installs the needed Foreign File Access and ISO 9660 Access files for
you so you just put the DOS disc in the drive and start playing.

--

                             Homo homini lupus

1. Mac IIvi refuses to mount Matsushita singlespeed CD-ROM - HELP!!

I've just purchased 2nd hand a 1x speed cd-rom drive and can't make the
disks mount. The hardware seems to see it ok, SCSI probe and norton
utilities both see the drive but there's no icon on my desktop.

I've downloaded CD installer 5.1.4 but can't find CD-ROM Toolkit.

Any ideas, help, whatever would be greatly appreciated

TIA
Steve J.

--
There are as many opinions as there are monkeys
to hold them and  this has been one of them.

2. DHCP Manager doesn't show lease

3. GS/OS and mounting CD-ROM discs

4. Zip Drive on amiga 500?

5. Mounting CD-ROM. Grrr.

6. !!! NEED HELP !!!!

7. freebie CD-ROM won't mount

8. Security fix from .31 for 3.22.32? (for Debian "potato")

9. HELP Mounting CD-ROM Drive

10. Auto mount file for CD ROM presentation under Mac OS X

11. CD-ROM weirdness, and System 6 on CD-ROM

12. CD-ROM & DOS Card Problem

13. PCI DOS compatibility card CD-Rom cable