Configuring Laserwriter IINT on Quadra 700

Configuring Laserwriter IINT on Quadra 700

Post by jess » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Help,
I'm usually a PC person but have recently inhereted some MAC systems.
My problem is getting a LaserWrite II to work with my Quadra.  When I
select the Chooser option I see the Laerwriter picture, but then I click
on it there is no name in the Select a Printer box.  I have activated
the Appletalk option because the system keeps telling me I need it in
order to use the LaserWriter.  Now, does this mean that I need to be on
a network, because I am not.  I would like to keep the system (wonderful
color monitor) but you know how us PC folk are around MACS, totally
lost.  Is there something I'm missing?

BTW, I'm using a cable the attaches to the printer port on the Quadra
and the serial port on the LaserWriter.  Might this also be the proble?

Thanks for any assistance

Jesse

PS, anybody in the D.C. area interested in buying this system geve me a
yell.