difference between Port 5298 and 5353

Post by Stahl und Traumfabrik A » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:47:27

Hello
Can anyone tell me the difference between port 5298 and port 5353.

I would like to use 'rendezvous' on an office-network and I am using the
firewall from OSX.

thanks for help
Ruedi

difference between Port 5298 and 5353

Post by Stahl und Traumfabrik A » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:24:43

Hello Koncept!

Why this question?

Am I here at Mac New Group or not? What  sorts of questions are allowed?

My English is perhaps not perfect, but may I therefore not ask any
questions?

I have a small network Mac OSX and I would like to communicate with
Rendezvous.

The firewall software of Mac prevents this contact, the ports are closed.

I have now investigated and found that two different ports are indicated
(port 5353 and port 5298).

Is my question so complicated? I only would like to know what the difference
between these two ports are.

;-)

Ruedi

> > Hello
> > Can anyone tell me the difference between port 5298 and port 5353.

> > I would like to use 'rendezvous' on an office-network and I am using the
> > firewall from OSX.

> > thanks for help
> > Ruedi

> About 55 ... 8)

> Seriously... What are you looking to do here exactly?

> --
> Koncept
> "You can't make friends with salad."

1. Difference SCSI and floppy ports

 I have a mac II (no jokes please) and just bought a used HD
external drive to use with it.  Stupidly, I didn't realize that my
mac does  not have a 19 pin floppy port, but only a 25 pin SCSI
port.  So now I have a floppy drive that I can't use.

I was wondering if it would be possible for me to somehow hook up
the external floppy to my SCSI port.  If it is possible, how could
it be done?  If it isn't possible, why not?

I admit that I'm totally ignorant to the finer details of mac
hardware, but  I really want to know.

I'll send a $5 thank-you check to the first person to provide me
an understandable (and correct) explanation telling me how I can (or
why I can't) connect my floppy drive to my mac.

Thanks a bunch,
Phil Janney

2. Need help (Loop to check ascending order in list)

3. Macintosh IIci serial ports - What's the difference?

4. Use SendMail to add a tag line and read some MIME data

5. Serial port and Appletalk port on laserwriter

6. Question

7. Serial Port Problem - Mac IIci -Can't Initialize Port

8. SBS Install Force New Win2K Install option?

9. Chooser says <No Printer Port> <No Modem Port> What's wrong?

10. Programming the 5380 (Mac) serial port for microcontroller ports

11. Mac serial port to PC (25way) serial port lead required

12. Dead printer port? (serial port - Performa 6400)

13. Difference between alt.emulators.ibmpc.apple2 and comp.emulators.apple2?