Help! Disk images won't mount

Post by buzz » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 07:38:18

Can't get Toast images to mount with Toast Titanium 5.2, Disk Copy or
Stuffit Expander.  Toast gives me a -50 error.

Any help appreciated! TIA, buzzz

Help! Disk images won't mount

Post by Gordon B. Alle » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 13:16:26

Quote:> Can't get Toast images to mount with Toast Titanium 5.2, Disk Copy or
> Stuffit Expander.  Toast gives me a -50 error.

> Any help appreciated! TIA, buzzz

Look in your ~/Library/Application Enhancers folder. If you have a file
called Camel.ape there, remove it and logout/login.

Several problems I was having with OS X 10.2.2 went away when I got rid
of that file:
- .dmg files wouldn't mount (Disk Copy Helper was failing).
- Screen savers wouldn't start, either automatically or via the hot
corner.
- Anything that required my admin password (like installers) would just
quit or crash without prompting for it.

All these problems would go away when I logged out and then logged back
in while holding down the shift key.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>

<http://galley.home.texas.net>

Help! Disk images won't mount

Post by buzz » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 13:47:59

> > Can't get Toast images to mount with Toast Titanium 5.2, Disk Copy or
> > Stuffit Expander.  Toast gives me a -50 error.

> > Any help appreciated! TIA, buzzz

> Look in your ~/Library/Application Enhancers folder. If you have a file
> called Camel.ape there, remove it and logout/login.

> Several problems I was having with OS X 10.2.2 went away when I got rid
> of that file:
> - .dmg files wouldn't mount (Disk Copy Helper was failing).
> - Screen savers wouldn't start, either automatically or via the hot
> corner.
> - Anything that required my admin password (like installers) would just
> quit or crash without prompting for it.

> All these problems would go away when I logged out and then logged back
> in while holding down the shift key.

Thanks for the suggestion but no such file.

Help! Disk images won't mount

Post by Blitze » Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:41:54

An error -50 usually occurs when disk images files are within a mounted disk
image or locked (removable) disc. Trying to mount it will cause a file
system error -50 because the application (disk copy) is trying to write to a
disk that can't be written to. An enclosed disk image file should be copied
out to the HDD before attempting to mount it.

> > > Can't get Toast images to mount with Toast Titanium 5.2, Disk Copy or
> > > Stuffit Expander.  Toast gives me a -50 error.

> > > Any help appreciated! TIA, buzzz

> > Look in your ~/Library/Application Enhancers folder. If you have a file
> > called Camel.ape there, remove it and logout/login.

> > Several problems I was having with OS X 10.2.2 went away when I got rid
> > of that file:
> > - .dmg files wouldn't mount (Disk Copy Helper was failing).
> > - Screen savers wouldn't start, either automatically or via the hot
> > corner.
> > - Anything that required my admin password (like installers) would just
> > quit or crash without prompting for it.

> > All these problems would go away when I logged out and then logged back
> > in while holding down the shift key.

> Thanks for the suggestion but no such file.

Help! Disk images won't mount

Post by buzz » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 01:18:28

The disk images are on my hard drive.

> An error -50 usually occurs when disk images files are within a mounted disk
> image or locked (removable) disc. Trying to mount it will cause a file
> system error -50 because the application (disk copy) is trying to write to a
> disk that can't be written to. An enclosed disk image file should be copied
> out to the HDD before attempting to mount it.

> > > Look in your ~/Library/Application Enhancers folder. If you have a file
> > > called Camel.ape there, remove it and logout/login.

> > > Several problems I was having with OS X 10.2.2 went away when I got rid
> > > of that file:
> > > - .dmg files wouldn't mount (Disk Copy Helper was failing).
> > > - Screen savers wouldn't start, either automatically or via the hot
> > > corner.
> > > - Anything that required my admin password (like installers) would just
> > > quit or crash without prompting for it.

> > > All these problems would go away when I logged out and then logged back
> > > in while holding down the shift key.

> > Thanks for the suggestion but no such file.

Help! Disk images won't mount

Post by buzz » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:39:40

Finally solved the problem - sort of. Roxio had info on several files
to trash which got Toast 5.1.1 working. Then I tried updating 5.1.1 to
5.2 and it crashed immediately upon launch. After checking out the
Roxio website, they say it's due to a pirated number - doh!

Anyone know what file I trash to remove the s/n? Using OS 10.2.2

TIA, buzzz

1. old 5.25" disks won't mount on IIgs?

I have some old MECC edu-tainment type programs I'd like to
mount on my IIgs, but GS/OS won't recognize the floppies.
The disks themselves are still OK and work fine on a //c,
and I don't think it's an FST problem, since some of the
disks even display a ProDOS 8 boot screen on the //c.
My guess is that it has something to do with copy protection,
since I can't even CATALOG the disks under Applesoft on
the //c.  Any suggestions on how to mount them on a IIgs?
Sorry if this is old hat, but I didn't find anything on the
subject on the ground FAQs.

--

2. MICROSOFT EXCHANGE CHALLENGES LOTUS NOTES

3. Hard Disk won't mount

4. PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS NT - Application start needs long time (URGENT)

5. Optical Disks Won't Mount!

6. KL Divergence, Fisher, Patt Rec.?

7. Help! CDs won't mount

8. WWW or FTP