NEC CD-ROM CDR-74

Post by Michael Kistenmach » Thu, 22 Oct 1992 18:00:42

Quote:

>I just bought NEC CD-ROM CDR-74 couple of months ago and I'm not
>very satisfied. I have had lots of problems with it when playing
>Spaceship Warlock. Strange system errors occur without any warnings.
>Is there anyone who knows why?? Is there any bugs in NEC CD-ROM because
>of that douple speed spinning or where is the fault?

The Problem is with the drive's operating system, which doesn't support
a 512-byte-block transfer. I didn't try Spaceship Warlock with the
new NEC-driver V. 2.2.5, but getting this new driver might help a
bit.

Michael

---
-----------------------------------
( Michael Kistenmacher / blackbox )
(  Germany  /  ++ 49 40 559 12 42 )
-----------------------------------

1. NEC CD-74 CD-ROM Drive

What do you all think of the NEC CD-74 CD-ROM Drive? I have a chance to buy a
slightly used one for $400 with registration card and boxes, etc...
a good deal, or not?

2. Selection process sucks

3. Problems with NEC CDR-74

4. HELP!! Need urgently NevisonCasD!!!!!

5. NEC CDR-74 that works????

6. inverse kinematics in robotic manipulators

7. NEC CDR-74 info wanted (bad experiences ?)

8. NEC CDR-74 good buy?

9. NEC CDR-74 How to play audio disks

10. NCR CDR-74 question

11. NEC CDR-73 CD-ROM