Forced prefs not quite working

Post by Kiefer's Ang » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:28:28

I am using a Mac OS 10.2 server with OS 9.2 clients and have enabled
Macintosh Manager. Using the Managed Preferences and then Forced
Preferences, does anyone know why certain preferences will be forced
and some are not?

For example, I am forcing Dreamweaver Prefs so that when students log
in, the registration number is present so the program works and this
is OK. I have tried forcing Keyboard prefs so that they don't need to
press the Option key to use Functions in Quark, however this doesn't
seem to force as when i log in as a student on another mac I haven't
changed, the pref is not correct. Any ideas?

Celeste

1. Force quite disabled?

Hey all...

I've inherited a G3 Mac that apparently can't Force Quit.  the
Apple+Option+Escape combination does nothing at all.

Has it been disabled or reconfigured to a different key combination?  How do I
check?

Thanks!

2. ADC/DAC management using C31

3. hiding prefs in in system prefs

4. Panson KX-P1080i win driver

5. not quite a ton of Apple stuff.

6. Folder Size Allocation

7. Big Red Apple- Not Quite Gone

8. Panel Converter

9. Advice on licensing not quite accurate...

10. Prosel not quite perfect

11. NeXT Review;Quite a machine, but not a Mac

12. Im not quite dead yet (re: nVIR infection)

13. NeXT Review;Quite a machine, but not a Mac