Problem with preferences in OS x

Post by David Roca » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:26:51

I am using 10.2.6 on a Powermac G4.  None of my preferences (in IE, Safari,
Entourage, etc.) will stick.  I change the preference, but as soon as I exit
the program and open it again, its back to the default.  I ran the disk
utilities to repair permissions, to no effect (it did correct some
permissions, but didn't fix the problem).  Any suggestions would be most
welcome.

Thanks

David
--
To reply directly, please remove
"nospam" from e-mail address

1. IE 5 keeps loosing preferences - OS 9.2

Hi,
I'm using IE 5 and every now and then it keeps forgetting my preferences and
reverting to its original set-up (looses my homepage, cookies not work etc).
Ive tried re-installing IE and I've recently done a clean install of OS 9.2
but it keeps happening - although it keeps my favourites.

I was using netscape 7 for a while and I was getting the same thing except
I'd loose my bookmarks too.

any idea's ?

This is really getting annoying so any help is much appreciated.
thanks

2. Alternative to OLE (getting access to MS Word )

3. a problem with Virtual PC, Disk Image Plug-ins, and hdiutil

4. Usage Summary Reports

5. Problem with Preferences / web browser / Security Zones

6. The Well-Tempered Unix Application

7. Power Mac 6100/66 Preferences Problems?

8. New York - Java/C++/ORBIX - Top Wall Street Bank

9. Problem upgrading to OS 9.1 from OS 9

10. OS-9 and OS-X Problems

11. Interested in writing plug-ins for AppleWin?

12. New "Grand Piano" ins

13. GS Trade-ins ?