How do I recognize FPM modules?

Post by Bj?rn Lamme » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:18:10

Hi,

I've got an old 7200 that I want to upgrade. I've also got a
non-booting 8500 with lots of RAM. Because some of the RAM in the 8500
originally came from a 7200 there must be FPM in there, I just can't
remeber which modules were FPM and which (possibly) are EDO.
Is there an easy way to recognize FPM modules? I don't feel like
blowing up (another) 7200 :-)

TIA,

Bj?rn

How do I recognize FPM modules?

Post by Phil Lefebvr » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:04:09

Quote:> Hi,

> I've got an old 7200 that I want to upgrade. I've also got a
> non-booting 8500 with lots of RAM. Because some of the RAM in the 8500
> originally came from a 7200 there must be FPM in there, I just can't
> remeber which modules were FPM and which (possibly) are EDO.
> Is there an easy way to recognize FPM modules? I don't feel like
> blowing up (another) 7200 :-)

There is a website that lists chip ID info. Something like chipmunk.nl.
Google may have better info.

--
Chicago, IL
Remove "GO" to reply.