Processor Direct Slot on ci (and fx?)

Post by Darik Dat » Sat, 24 Mar 1990 03:01:37

  I am a little curious about the processor direct slot on the ci (and
the fx, I think..)  can it be used to upgrade the CPU... The 030
on the ci is not socketed, and the 040 probably isn't pin compatible
anyway, and I was wondering if a CPU upgrade board could make use
of the PD slot to speed things up without the bottleneck of NuBus.
Is it possible to disable the main 030 and replace it using the
PD Slot??

  Thanks in advance...

      Darik Datta...

1. Processor Direct Slots

I wanted to know what exactly is a processor direct slot, and are they
specific to each processor.  ie, if they (?) do make a PDS card from the
030 to the PPC...will it work on any 030 ?  Or only on a specific one.

Thanks

Aditya

--

===============================
Aditya Bhasin

2. PPP and OSPF between Cisco & IBM2210

3. What does the x, cx, ci and fx in Mac II stand for?

4. Command Line to Move Home Directory

5. Quadra700 vs. fx/ci - A summary

6. Problem adding to @INC

7. SE/30 2-page monitor/direct slot woes

8. CD WRITER burnmax48ex prob.

9. Apple NuBus/Direct Slot Adaptors...

10. Apple NuBus/Direct Slot Card

11. IIfx Direct Slot configuration

12. Plug a 14Mhz 65816 into the Processor slot....what happens?

13. Slot 3 and Slot Shortage