Startup apps?

Post by Peter Bak » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 04:32:14

Ok, so this is probably really easy but I'm tired and can't seem to find the
answer...

Where in OS X do you put aliases to apps that you want launched at startup?
Better yet, can you launch apps as background services?  Specifically I am
running the NOW Contact and Schedule server software on a machine, which are
two apps that need to be running to provide their services.  I'd like to set
them up so if the machine is rebooted they startup up automatically.

Thanks...
Peter

Startup apps?

Post by Ken Sternbe » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:32:40

Open Login preferences in System Prefs. You can either drag the icons
of the apps you want to start up at login into the Login window, or
choose from the usual dropdown dialogue box.

Startup apps?

Post by Peter Bak » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:31:12

like I said, probably something really obvious that I missed.... duh...

When you add an app into the startup list from the System Pref's, where is
that info stored?  Is there folder that the OS puts an alias of the selected
apps into, or is that information stored in the internal database/directory
that OS X uses?

...me

> > Ok, so this is probably really easy but I'm tired and can't seem to find
the
> > answer...

> > Where in OS X do you put aliases to apps that you want launched at
startup?
> > Better yet, can you launch apps as background services?  Specifically I
am
> > running the NOW Contact and Schedule server software on a machine, which
are
> > two apps that need to be running to provide their services.  I'd like to
set
> > them up so if the machine is rebooted they startup up automatically.

> > Thanks...
> > Peter

> System Prefs > Login Items

> Select the check box to make the app hidden when starting up.

> --
> Koncept
> "You can't make friends with salad."

Startup apps?

Post by Mike » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 03:49:07

On 23/6/03 3:31 am, in article

> like I said, probably something really obvious that I missed.... duh...

> When you add an app into the startup list from the System Pref's, where is
> that info stored?  Is there folder that the OS puts an alias of the selected
> apps into, or is that information stored in the internal database/directory
> that OS X uses?

> ...me

As each user can have a different start-up configuration I suggest you look
in ~/library.