HELP!!! Sad Mac icon codes!

Post by Matt Sande » Thu, 24 Feb 1994 16:23:01

I have recently received a few sad mac icons when I start up. One was

0000000F
0000000A

I got this once. The other was

0000000F
00000003

I got that a few times a while ago. The problem goes away when I shut the
computer down and turn it on again. Just doing a restart
(cmd-ctrl-<powerkey>) does not work. I have a Mac LC with 4MB RAM and 40
MB HD. Any help as to what these wierd messages mean and what I can do
about them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
--
Matthew Richard Sanders
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt8923b

HELP!!! Sad Mac icon codes!

Post by Jamie Gruen » Fri, 25 Feb 1994 05:44:24

> I have recently received a few sad mac icons when I start up. One was

> 0000000F
> 0000000A

> I got this once. The other was

> 0000000F
> 00000003

Any sad mac code that has "0000000F" as its first line indicates a bad
System file.  The only hope of starting the mac is to use a different
disk.

HTH,
Jamie Gruener

HELP!!! Sad Mac icon codes!

----
> I> --
> Matthew Richard Sanders
> Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
> uucp:        ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt8923b

Get a copy of MacCheck, I just downloaded ver 1.0.5 from AppleLink.

It has a list of most error codes, although some of the definitions may
not be very helpful.

With respect to 0...0F codes, these usually mean something is wrong in the
system software.  This is not limited to the system file.  It can also be
the SCSI driver, preferences files etc.

Vernon Galloway
Gettysburg College

1. HELP: Mac Plus w/new memory = Sad Mac code 0200FF

Over the weekend, I finally got around to installing two more 1MB
SIMMs in my Plus. The original configuration was 2.5MB, so this
upgrade should have netted four.

Put on the grounding strap, opened the case, took off the appropriate
connectors, pulled the motherboard, took out the 256k SIMMs, put in
the new ones. Put everything back together.

Powered up the machine and got a bunch of "chunks" on the screen,
almost as though only a 16x16 patch of pixels was present in every,
say, 64x64 block.

Powered down and took everything apart. Replaced the 256kb SIMMs.
Powered up again- sad mac, 0200ff.

Swapped the old and new 1MB SIMMs. Powered up. Sad Mac, 0200ff. Put
all four 1MB SIMMs back in, got screen hash again.

Some quick questions:
  1) what does this particular code mean? I presume that it's some
     sort of memory configuration error.

  2) how can I fix it?

-Paul

--
Paul Robichaux                  |  <waiting for my amateur radio call>

                                |  My opinions are all mine.
      Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your .sig to join the fun!

2. *****US-VA-JUNIOR TESTING POSITIONS*****

3. Sad Mac Icon-hosed HD-Please Help!

4. RIS Image Deletion

5. HELP! SAD MAC ICON!!!!!*******

6. Detecting Internet connection?

7. Help!!!!! I have a Sad Mac Icon!!!!!!!**************

8. IsRoleEnabled Script ?

9. HELP! Unknown "Sad Mac" Code!

10. Help! Sad Mac code?

11. Help: Sad MAC code : 0F00A

12. Help with sad mac code 0000000f 00000000a on classic

13. HELP!!! SAD MAC CODE 0000000F 00007FFF ON QUADRA!!!