Networking OS X and Windows Server 2003

Post by Peter Bak » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:34:26

Has anyone tried this and had luck with it?  I've installed the Mac File and
Print services for Windows and with that running (though had to set it to
accept clear text passwords) I can use the Chooser in OS 9.x and connect
from OS X using "afp://<server name>.  However if I try to connect via smb I
always get an error -5000, which I is Access Denied
(http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=9804).  However I am using a
username/password/domain combination that is most defenitely has access.

Since OS X is using Samba to connect, is it possible (or a known issue) that
Samba cannot connect to a domain server?

Thanks,
Peter

Post by Mudfl » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:08:39

> Has anyone tried this and had luck with it?  I've installed the Mac File and
> Print services for Windows and with that running (though had to set it to
> accept clear text passwords) I can use the Chooser in OS 9.x and connect
> from OS X using "afp://<server name>.  However if I try to connect via smb I
> always get an error -5000, which I is Access Denied
> (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=9804).  However I am using a
> username/password/domain combination that is most defenitely has access.

> Since OS X is using Samba to connect, is it possible (or a known issue) that
> Samba cannot connect to a domain server?

> Thanks,
> Peter

Had the same problem. It is due to some previously undefined registry
keys in Win2k3. Look for them under
HLKM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer and
LanmanClient\Parameters

There are a couple of keys marked as '1', that should be set to '0'.
One of them is 'requirestrongkey'. There is also another key somewhere
else in Services/??/Parameters called 'requiresignorseal', which
should be set to '0'. Now these settings will revert after a period of
time when the group policy is re-applied. I haven't found a permanent
solution... yet.

1. installing network printer on emac os x on windows network

Hiya: I've got a bunch of machines here networked under windows. I'm
running a network printer that's supposed to be compatible with mac.
Any chance that an emac running os x can see the printer out there? Do
I have to run some other 3rd party thing like Dave to see the PC
network with the printer? Sorry I don't know too much about the sort
of network this is. It's something at my campus. Please be so kind as
to speak to me in baby steps. I'm new to  Mac. Hey, they look great!!
As my dad used to say "Fords... they've got good heater!!" Thanx for
the help and cheers man.
ST

2. Ques - Big O vs. Tight Bound

3. Problems hooking a windows box to OS X Server

4. Something kills me (-9) on a ^Z

5. WTD: Mac OS Utilities for Network Server with AIX

6. New Idea?

7. Small Mac Network with OS X and Server

8. 2 Communication Courses-correction

9. MacWorld SF 2003

10. iMac (OS X) network with windows me

11. OS X - Windows 2000 Networking Problem

12. Networking OS X to Windows XP--where's Samba?

13. Problem after running OS X 10.0.2 update (moving windows screws up window content)