New Corel WordPerfect 3.5 Update Installer Available Soon!

New Corel WordPerfect 3.5 Update Installer Available Soon!

Post by Ken Freema » Sat, 31 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Corel has recently removed the update installer from our ftp site and
other online services to address a few important issues. A new update
installer will be posted as soon as the new installer has been tested.

The previous installer was not set up to recognize the Student Essential
version of WordPerfect for Macintosh. Users also reported selection
display problems that affected the speller, drag & drop functionality
and general selecting. For more detailed information about these
anomalies look to the Corel web site
(http://www.corel.com/support/mac/update.htm).

The Corel Macintosh team wants to hear about any problems you encounter
with the update installer or the updated version of Corel WordPerfect.
Corel apologizes for any inconvenience you have encountered using the
update. Corel is committed to resolving these problems and providing the
resolution to users as quickly as possible.

We encourage users to communicate with the Corel Macintosh team via the

at http://www.corel.com/support/mac/mactalk.htm.

This e-mail name has been set up to enable our users to provide
feedback, ideas, concerns, complaints, and enhancements concerning Corel
WordPerfect for Macintosh. We cannot always guarantee a reply, we can
guarantee that your message will be read by the people at Corel directly
responsible for WordPerfect for Macintosh in Engineering, Marketing and
Support. This e-mail name is not for technical support questions.

Please pass the word about the "MacTalk" e-mail address and form. While
the Mac team makes an effort to search out user input, here are far too
many newsgroups, listservers, and message boards for us to monitor
entirely. This is the official and most direct way to pass along
information to Corel Engineering, Marketing and Support management.

Thank you!
Ken Freeman
Corel Macintosh Product Marketing

Post by Jay L » Sun, 01 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> The Corel Macintosh team wants to hear about any problems you encounter
> with the update installer or the updated version of Corel WordPerfect.
> Corel apologizes for any inconvenience you have encountered using the
> update. Corel is committed to resolving these problems and providing the
> resolution to users as quickly as possible.

Hooray! Way to go Corel!

--
Jay Lee (Capelle a/d IJssel, The Netherlands)

## Windows95? Get the original:MacOS! ##

New Corel WordPerfect 3.5 Update Installer Available Soon!

Post by Mark E Bernstei » Mon, 02 Sep 1996 04:00:00

<snipped:  message from Corel about the 3.5.1 updater mess>

Finally.

Thank you, Corel, for the official acknowledgement of these problems and
your effort to fix them (even if was a bit late).  As a committed WP Mac
user, I'm looking forward to the new version.

1. Availability of Corel WordPerfect 3.5 for Macintosh

Corel Customer Service has been taking pre-release orders for the Corel
version of WordPerfect 3.5. I am pleased to announce that Corel
WordPerfect 3.5 for Macintosh WILL ship August 31, 1996 (allow a few
days for product to arrive at a dealer near you)!

If you have the Novell version of WordPerfect 3.5 you can get the new
Corel version one of two ways.
1- Download the update installer from our ftp site
(ftp.corel.com/pub/WordPerfect/WordPerfect/WPMac/Updates) or CompuServe
(GO WPMac). The updater only updates the WordPerfect application and
does not include the bonus software (fonts, clip art, MasterJuggler Pro,
etc.) that Corel has added to the full package. The updater has
temporarily been removed while we test a new update installer (for more
information see http://www.corel.com/support/mac/update.htm)

2- Novell 3.5 users can purchase a Corel WordPerfect 3.5 replacement CD
for $24.95 by calling Customer Service at (800)77-COREL or
(800)772-6735, providing their Novell license number and asking for the
$24.95 CD. This gives them all the bonus software included in the new
Corel package. This does not include a new manual (no editing changes
have been made to the manual). This offer is only available from Corel
Customer Service!

Corel also offers a competitive trade-up from any Macintosh full
featured word processor to Corel WordPerfect for $89.95. This offer is
available at your local reseller and Corel Customer Service. Academic
pricing is also available from your local reseller.

Enjoy!
Corel Macintosh Product Marketing

=================================
The Corel Macintosh Team wants to hear from you! Contact us at

guarantee that your message will be read by the people at Corel directly
responsible for WordPerfect for Macintosh in Engineering, Marketing and
Support.

2. Stowaway Keyboard in Stores Yet?

3. New TimeOut Updates available

4. password

5. NEW! Ninjaforce MEGADEMO HD Installer NEW!

6. UNIX Email Software Survey FAQ

7. NEW NEW NEW Ninjaforce Homepage Updated!

8. Overlaying date and time on top of video

9. BRUTAL DELUXE : System 6.02 soon available ??

10. LemminGS soon available

11. Apple IIgs 3D logo available; Macintosh version soon to be released.

12. BRUTAL DELUXE : System 6.02 soon available ??

13. Update on WordPerfect reclassification: shareware!