Data voice multiplexer question

Post by or.. » Mon, 03 Feb 1992 16:07:37

I have picked up a data-voice multiplexer in a surplus store.
It is a Siemens SA820R. According to the user guide it can be used
for transparent data communication over a phone line with an
other unit installed in the "central office". It uses "time
compression and digital baseband modulation techniques with
forward acting error correction". The DTE/Network interface
is "CCITT V.24/V.28; EIA RS-232-C standard". I have hooked it up
to my computer, and it works in the local analog loopback test mode.
I would like to know if it can be used for communication with other
regular modems, or only with another special anymal like this?
My initial guess is that it would work only with another multiplexer,
but I would like to hear others' opinion. Has anyone used
data-voice multiplexers, has anyone seen this Siemens unit?

Thanks, Peter Orban

--

435 Ellice Av. Winnipeg, MB.            | Phone:    204/983-0670
Canada, R3B 1Y6                         | Fax:      204/983-3154

1. FAX/Data/Voice

I would like to be able to run Apple Remote Access from  my home, and
access my office Mac with it - that is what you do with ARA right? ...

The problem is that I have just one phone line in my office. I need some
type of box that will take incoming
        a) FAX
  b) voice
  c) data

  communications and do the right thing with it determined by type.

  Mac Warehouse has something called FAX line manage, but that does not
work for the three way split I need - according to the folks there.

  Anyone have any suggestions?

  Thanks in advance,
   ---jon---

Jon Sticklen------------------------tele: +517-353-3711
AI/KBS Lab - Comp Sci Dept----------FAX:  +517-336-1061
A714 Wells Hall-----------------office in A392 Eng Bldg
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI  48824-1027--- home tele: +517-337-5690

2. ZX Spectrum problem

3. voice/data discrimination on LineLink 144e?

4. Help on tree comparison

5. Dove+ Fax/Data/Voice Modem $150

6. Two SVGA cards in the same motherboard

7. Data/Fax/Voice mail modems

8. pine 4.05 crashes in newsgroups

9. Convert Corvus Multiplexor to ProDOS?

10. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP

11. Help!!! Mac Data/Drive Recovery - Important Data