HELP : PB Pismo reads DVDs but won't read CDs

HELP : PB Pismo reads DVDs but won't read CDs

Post by JeanP » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:14:35

My Powerbook G3 400 (FW Pismo) reads DVDs perfectly but won't read CDs.
It cannot mount the CD on the desktop.

The CD-ROM/DVD-ROM is from LG, DVD-ROM DRN8080B (atapi)

Anybody can help me on this ? It is really anoying and prevents me from
installing any new software from the CD.

Thank you,

--
JPS
remove "nospam" in the email adress

Post by Ernie Leimkuhle » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:55:07

> My Powerbook G3 400 (FW Pismo) reads DVDs perfectly but won't read CDs.
> It cannot mount the CD on the desktop.

> The CD-ROM/DVD-ROM is from LG, DVD-ROM DRN8080B (atapi)

> Anybody can help me on this ? It is really anoying and prevents me from
> installing any new software from the CD.

> Thank you,

I had  DVD drive in a Lombard that did the same thing.

Somebody mentioned that Pismo DVD drives don't like Lombards.

I have yet to test mine in a pismo.

The drives do have a history of failing.

You can pick up a replacement off of eBay for about $50.